10// flashfoward

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! LEAVING EARLY FOR 'WORK' AND COMING HOME LATER AND LATER EVERYDAY AND FOR WHAT? TO FUCK WITH OTHER WOMEN AND GO TO BARS TO GET DRUNK?!! DO YOU THINK ID NEVER REALIZE YOU SMELLED LIKE ALCOHOL AND CIGARS EVERYDAY YOU CAME HOME LATE?? WHAT HAPPENED TO BEING A STABLE FAMILY? WE MOVED ALL THE WAY OUT HERE FOR YOU AND YOUR WORK! WHEN YOUR REALLY NOT GETTING ANY SHIT DONE! ALL THE MONEY WE SPENT SUPPORTING YOU.. FOR WHAT TOM? FOR WHAT?"

"I AM GETTING WORK DONE! IVE BEEN PROMOTED! YOU WOUDNT KNOW THIS BECAUSE YOUR NOT WITH ME"

"IM NOT WITH YOU BECAUSE YOUR NEVER HERE! I BARELY SEE YOU DURING THE DAY AND DAN HAS BARELY HAD A FATHER FIGURE SINCE WE MOVED HERE!"

"DAN? DAN IS DEAD TO THE WORLD! HIM AND HIS SHIT BRAIN!! THE KID CANT DO ANYTHING RIGHT FOR ANYONE! HE CANT EVEN TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF! THE SON OF A BITCH SITS IN HIS ROOM ALL DAY AND DOES WHAT?"

"DONT YOU DARE TALK ABOUT DAN LIKE THAT. YOUR SON HAS ANXIETY! HE CANT THINK PROPERLY AND ITS NOT HIS FAULT."

----------------------------------------------

The screaming went on for hours and hours. That night around midnight when all the screaming came to an end my father slammed the front door and my mom came into my room. I felt her standing in the doorway watching me as I pretended to sleep. After a while she walked closer to me. I felt her tears fall onto my arm. She was quietly sobbing, trying not to wake me.

She then whispered something into my ear.

The last words I'd ever hear from her. The words every child is told before they leave to go somewhere. The words that mean the world to permanent of people. Temporary words for some, but in my case they were permanent.

"goodbye. I love you"