A Freashman and A Senior...Love? Chapter 2

With my hands in my pockets and my hood over my head, I made my way to my new school.

High school.

Walking to school is better than the bus and is not as embarrassing to have your mommy or daddy drop you off.

So I rather walk the three blocks.

As I walked up the hill I saw the school, peaking out from the top. The higher I got on the hill the closer I got.

My stomach stared to do flips and my palms got sweaty.

I walked up to the school and looked up it.

This is high school, I thought. The living hell that I forced to go to everyday. The place where everything happens and where people change.

I looked around and I saw all the clicks and groups already.

To my left were the jocks, the popular crowd and cheerleaders, all together talking and flirting.

To my right were the emos, goths, punks, and bad asses.

At the top of the school were the skaters, the goody goodies and the preps.

Behind me were the classes clowns and-

"Alexandra!" I heard a voice yell.

I turned around to see my best friend Carey.

Carey Bloom, my best friend since third grade. She was the new girl and I had to show her around.

As Carey walked up to me, I realized that she looked different, she looked prettier.

Carey normally has long bushy curly brown hair, with bushy eyebrows that covered her black eyes. She also wore thick framed glasses that covered her eyes even more. She never wore make up or cared about how she looked.

The Carey that was walking up to looked complete different. She about mid back straight brown hair with highlights, she wasn't wearing glasses and her eyebrows weren't bushy. She was wearing a lot of make up and very short skit and a tee shirt.

"Carey?" I asked as she walked next to me.

"The one and only" she gave me a hug.

"You look...different"

"I know, I went to visit my grandparent over the summer and they gave me a make over,"

I nodded my head. I didn't really care.

"So," she said facing the school. "This is Westridge High School the home of the Bears. I still can't believe we're freshman, I mean, wow!" she said as we began to walk up the steps.

I pulled out the small yellow card from my pocket. It had my homeroom number and teacher on it.

"Who's your homeroom teacher?" she asked.

"Mr. Dale in room 108," I said.

"Sweet, we have the same teacher!" she linked arms with me and headed to where we thought room 108 was.

On our way there we got lost of stares, well, Carey got lots for stares.

I felt so plain next to her.

I had long black hair that sat on my shoulder and green eyes. I wasn't too pale but I wasn't too tan.

I was plain and normal, just the way I liked it.

We headed toward the freshman hall way.

All the lockers had 'you suck' or 'fresh meat' or 'freshman suck' written on them.

I saw a group of freshman get jumped by seniors as I listen to Carey babble on and on about her summer.

"Oh, I almost forgot to let you, I'm going to tryout for cheerleading,"

What?!?

"You should tryout too, it would so much fun and we'll see each other more. I'm so excited!"

"Um, Carey, I don't want to be a cheerleader," I said.

"Oh," she said then started to talk about cheerleading.

I started to tune her out.

She was changing, I knew she was.

We found our homeroom with out being attacked by seniors.

We walked into the classroom, which was already filled with students.

They were looking for their names on a folded piece of paper.

Carey and I looked for our names together.

She was in the front of the classroom and I was in the back.

The bell rang and the teacher stood up behind the desk.

****

Carey and I only had two classes together.

I managed to find my classes without getting lost or jumped.

My teachers all had me sit in the back of the room.

I think they were going alphabetically.

It was now lunch time and I was heading for the cafeteria.

"Alex!" I heard Carey call for me.

I turned around. "Hey,"

"Listen, cheerleading tryouts are at lunch and I have to sit with the rest of the girls,"

"Oh," I simple said.

"I know, I'm sorry,"

"It's okay, good luck,"

"Thank you," she gave me a hug and ran off.

I walked into the cafeteria and got into the long line of people.

I found an empty table and sat a lone.

I looked around the room at all the clicks and groups.

Then I realized something; I am my own group.

The Alex Oz group.

****

It was the last period of the day and I asked my teacher if I could go to the bathroom.

I took a chance by going to the bathroom alone.

There could be seniors anywhere ready to jump little freshman.

I was almost to the bathroom and I was unharmed.

I turned the corner.

Hope you liked it!

Comment and vote!