8. Training with Trunks

Chapter Eight

“What’s going on?” I asked Goku as he and the mystery boy returned. Goku turned to the boy and gave him a ‘we can trust them’ look and he nodded.

“Gohan, Laylah. This is Trunks”

“Huh?” That’s weird he has the same name as Bulma’s 3 year old son.

“He’s from the future”

Gohan’s jaw dropped along with my own “What?” we asked together slightly confused at the situation

“How is that even possible?” Gohan asked.

“My mother. Bulma built me a time machine so that I could come back into the past and warn you about a great threat that is going to be here very soon” Trunks told us.

“And what threat is that?” I asked, folding my arms over my chest, not really believing him.

“A few months from now, Dr Gero will activate two powerful androids he has created. Android 17 looks like a young male with dark long hair and an orange scarf around his neck. Android 18 appears to be a young female with blonde hair” Trunks frowned and continued “But don’t let their appearances deceive you. They are extremely strong. They killed everyone in my time line all except my mother, Gohan, Laylah and also myself”

“They even defeat me?” Goku asked surprisingly.

“No Goku. Just before the androids arrive you come down with a deadly heart disease that take your life”

“Oh man, that sucks” Goku looks down at his feet disappointed “I don’t even get to fight”

“Don’t worry I have a cure right here” Trunks pulls out a vile of silver liquid from his jacket pocket. “It hasn’t been discovered yet here, but in my time it has. So when you get your first symptoms just take this and you will be alright”

Trunks handed Goku the small vile and Goku took it gladly. “Thanks Trunks”

“Now we all got a lot of training to do before the androids arrive so we better tell the others”

**

A Month went by where everyday Gohan and me would train with Trunks and Goku. The other Z fighters decided they would train by themselves in their own ways.  Chi Chi had let Gohan and me have a few months off our studies while we trained. It took a lot of angry conversations and screaming before Chi Chi finally came around.

“Nice kick Laylah” Trunks smiled as my flying sidekick missed his head by an inch. I smirked at him “Thanks”

Trunks send a punch towards my gut. I dodged it easily. I knew he was going easy on me, for the fact he wasn’t fighting me in his super Saiyan form.

Goku was training Gohan very harshly trying to get him to become a super Saiyan as well. I was kind of glad they were taking it easy on me. Gohan ended his days with so many cut and bruises on him and at the end of each day I would attend to them for him.

“Concentrate on what your doing Laylah” Trunks said stopping his punch as it came so close to my face I could feel the heat off it. I didn’t realise what was happening for I was watching Gohan fight Goku.

“Sorry. You should have just punched me” I raised my eyebrow up at him.

Trunks blushed slightly “I don’t want to hurt you” He said looking down avoiding my eyes. Gohan was looking over at us, and in his distracted moment Goku sent a kick to his gut, sending him flying back it a large bolder with a crash.

I ran over to Gohan “Are you okay?” I asked giving him my hand and pulling him to his feet.

“I’m fine Laylah” Gohan winced as he took a few steps.

“Got to pay attention son” Goku said waiting to continue.

“Sorry Dad” Gohan glared at Trunks without him knowing and went back over to train with Goku.

“Ready for a break Laylah” Trunks asked me and I nodded.

“Come on” He grabbed my arm gently and led me away from the training grounds. We came to the river and Trunks sat down at the base of a wide tree. He motioned for me to sit next to him and I did slightly blushing.

Trunks is so handsome I thought to myself as I watched the wind rustle through his lavender hair. Wait I shouldn’t be thinking things like that, I’m with Gohan and I love him. With out me realising it my thoughts went straight back to Trunks. It was hard to believe that little boy Bulma carries around, is going to grow up to become this strong, smart, handsome young man.

“What are you thinking about Laylah?” Trunks asked me with a smile upon his face.

I blushed and shook my head “nothing”

Trunks smirked in a knowing way.