9. Goten arrives

Chapter Nine- Goten’s arrival

Flash Back-Future Trunk’s time

A 14 year old Trunks smiled up at a 24 year old Laylah. “Hey Gohan and Trunks how did your training go today”

“Still not strong enough to defeat the androids yet” Gohan frowned and kissed Laylah on her temple, as he went into the kitchen where Bulma was preparing dinner.

Laylah walked over to Trunks, and saw that he had a giant gash on the side of his cheek. She softly touched it with her finger tips making Trunks wince, but sending butterflies storming through out his belly at the same time. He couldn’t help to smile, she was so beautiful. Her Dark hair was tired back into a messy ponytail and her cloths were daggy and ripped in places. It didn’t matter what she looked like though, to Trunks she would always be beautiful.

“Come on we better clean you up before dinner” She smiled sweetly at Trunks grabbing his hand and pulling him into the bathroom.

He stood in front of the basin where Laylah washed his wounds with warm soapy water. The whole time Trunks did not take his eyes of hers.

She blushed slightly “What are you staring at Trunks”

He shook his head with a smile. “It’s nothing Laylah”

After she had cleaned him all up they went into the kitchen and sat at the dinning table where dinner was being served “Thank you Bulma, it looks great” Laylah said smelling the freshly cooked pasta and sauce that was placed in front of her.

“Thankyou Dear” Bulma smiled.

After dinner Gohan and Laylah Left, they went to their bedroom. Trunks had a jealous look in his eye as he watched them leave. Bulma sighed “Trunks there is somebody out there for you son, but Laylah is too old for you and not to mention she is engaged to Gohan”

“I know mum” Trunks got up and left the table without even looking at his mother. He very much doubted that there is somebody out there for him. Most of the population was dead and he never thought Laylah to be too old for him, maybe he too young for her. But when they would be both adults the 10-year age gap wouldn’t matter. There were plenty of adults with that kind of age gap that got married. But still she was already with Gohan and Gohan was his best friend. Trunks wouldn’t ever want to do anything to hurt him. His love for Laylah wasn’t strong enough to loose his best friend…or was it?

Present time

We herd Chi Chi screams come from the house and we all rushed to she what was happening. Chi Chi was holding her very round stomach with water at her feet. “My water broke I am having the baby” She groaned in pain.

“Quick Goku you better get her to the hospital” I said and Goku picked Chi Chi up bridal style and went to fly with her.

“Don’t you dare we are driving!” She yelled through contraptions. Goku went to put her down.

“Stop” Trunks spoke suddenly. “You have to fly her there as quick as possible Goku it’s for the baby’s safety and Chi Chi’s”

Goku looked trunks in the eyes and saw the worry that lay there. He nodded and took off into the sky with a protesting Chi Chi.

“What the matter Trunks” I asked.

He shook his head sadness in his eyes “In my time Chi Chi refused to fly so they drove to the hospital. But they didn’t make it in time, both Chi Chi and the baby died before they even made it to the city”

“What my mum’s in danger?” Gohan said panic in his voice. “Quick Laylah lets get to the hospital”

I nodded and took off into the air beside Gohan. A second later Trunks took off and flew to the hospital with us.

We arrived at the hospital with in 5 minutes, which would normally be an hour’s drive.

“We are here to see my mother Chi Chi, she is having her baby” Gohan told the receptionists.

“Down the hall and to your right room 102. Please stay outside though until a doctor instructs you other wise”

We nodded before taking off down the hall at a very quick walking pace. When we came to the room their was a very worried Goku pacing outside the door.

“Goku what’s happening?” I asked as I approached.

“I got kicked out, they where having some complications” Worried tears brimmed to his eyes, but they did not spill. Goku stayed strong through the whole wait.

An hour later a doctor came out of Chi Chi’s room he spoke to Goku “Lucky you got her here when you did, a minute too late and we wouldn’t have been able to save her and the baby. But relax they are both doing fine now”

We sighed “Can we go in and see them now” Gohan asked the doctor and he nodded.

We all went inside to see a smiling Chi Chi holding a little baby in a bundle of blankets. “It’s a boy” She smiled “Little Goten”

Everyone was heaps excited about the arrival of little Goten. He was a gorgeous looking baby. Dark black eyes and spiky hair just like his fathers. He resembles more of Goku than Gohan ever did when he was a small child.

“Can I hold him now” I pleaded Gohan holding my arms out for the baby.

“Ok I guess so” Gohan handed me Goten with a sad look. He didn’t want to let his little brother go.

“He is just so cute” I smiled down at the sleeping baby wrapped up in a blue blanket. He looked so peaceful as he slept.

Chi Chi was also asleep in her hospital bed. She was very exhausted after giving birth. Goku sat beside her bed holding her hand in his own. Goku was the first to hold the baby after Chi Chi. Then Gohan and myself.

Trunks was outside the room with Bulma who had come as soon as she herd that Chi Chi had given birth, but until Chi Chi woke up only family was aloud in the room.

I handed back the baby to Gohan and kissed him and Goten on the cheek “I’m going to go out and talk to Bulma and Trunks for while”

Gohan nodded at me and sat down on the lounge chair in the corner of the room right by the window as I headed out the door.

***

I hope you liked this chapter. I enjoyed writing it :) Thankyou to everyone who votes and comments!