12. Dr. Gero

Chapter Twelve-Dr Gero

“Gohan don’t be silly, you can not defeat these androids on your own” I yelled out to him, worry filling my eyes.

“Stay out of this Laylah. I know what I am doing” Gohan yelled back at me.

“Let’s do this” Gohan yelled at 17, and he smirked back.

17 took the first move running towards Gohan so fast he almost looked like a blur. Just as 17’s fist was about to make contact with Gohan’s face, Gohan jumped up into the air above him and sent a flying side kick to the back of 17’s head. It sent him flying into a small building on the other side of the street.

I smiled to myself. Go Gohan! I cheered for him in my head. I looked over to where 17 was picking him self up out of a pile of rubble. Dusting him self off. He didn’t seem to have a scratch on him and I could see a smirk forming in the corner of his mouth. This gave me a bad feeling in my stomach, and I frowned at him.

Gohan’s attack didn’t have any affect on him at all I looked over to Gohan who was waiting for 17 to attack again.

“Good try…but not good enough!” 17 flashed and in a second was behind Gohan, before Gohan even realised this, he got punched in the back sending him face first onto the gravel road.

“Gohan!” I screamed out, and ran over worried, but before I could even get close android 18 was in front of me stopping me.

“Where do you think you are going little girl? This isn’t your fight” She warned.

I watched in horror as 17 sent punch after punch, kick after kick at Gohan’s tiny body. Gohan was nowhere near strong enough to defend him self. He was done for. I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to let the others know where we were before Gohan was killed. I began to raise my power level as high as it could go. Little bits of gravel began to lift of the ground around me.

18 realised what I was doing, thinking I was going to fight. She sent a kick straight at my gut knocking the wind out of me. I gasped for breath as pain surged through my body. I fell backwards tears of pain threatening to leave my eyes. I tried to be strong and hold them back, but I failed as a tear slipped down the side of my cheek.

“Laylah” Trunks voice sounded. I looked up in the sky to see all the Z fighters arriving to the spot. They had sensed my power level. I could see Goku going over to help Gohan and I felt relief.

Trunks sent a power blast at 18’s head. She dodged it but flew away from me back to the old man who was with them.

Trunks helped me to my feet “Are you alright” he asked me worried. I nodded and gave him a faint smile that he did not return “What are you doing here Laylah” his voice sounded angry “I told you and Gohan to stay at the cliff. You could have been killed”

“I’m sorry, Gohan flew off to help and I followed him to make sure he was going to be alright”

Trunks sighed. We walked over to the others. Goku held Gohan’s unconscious body in his arms. “Is he going to be ok,” I asked Goku.

“He will be fine Laylah, but we need to get him out of here and back home where he can rest and get his strength back”

“Who is that old man with the androids” Trunks asked confused, eyeing of 17 and 18 “He isn’t in the future with the androids in my time. I have never seen him before”

“I think it is Doctor Gero. It looks like he has turned him self into and android” Goku said. “It sure looks like him”

“You are correct Goku” The old man said, “I am indeed Doctor Gero. The Androids are such perfection that I just had to be one myself”

“I can’t believe how much things have changed by me being here. In my time 17 and 18 killed Gero when he activated them” Trunks said.

“Why have things changed so much. Is he as strong as the other androids” Vegeta asked, eyeing of Gero with a great look of distaste.

“I’m not sure” Trunks said honestly.

“Laylah” Goku called me.

He walked over to me and handed Gohan’s fragile body to me. “Get him out of here. There is no need for the both of you to be here, we got this covered”

I nodded and I turned to Trunks “Be careful, they are a lot stronger than they are making out to be”

Trunks smiled at me “We will be alright Laylah. Now go”

I glanced back at the androids one last time before taking off into the air in the direction of home.

***

Please vote and comment :)