13. Cell Arrives

Chapter Thirteen- Cell Arrives

I arrived home with Gohan’s still unconscious body on my back. “My poor Gohan what happened to him” Chi Chi came running with a look of murder on her face.

She took Gohan from my back and began to cry holding him close “I will kill whoever did this too my baby!” she sobbed

After Chi Chi had calmed down she laid Gohan on his bed and went off to fetch him a damp cloth for his forehead. I leaned in and gave Gohan a kiss on the cheek. He stirred and slowly opened his eyes. He seemed to have trouble focusing, but after a minute he finally looked at me.

“What Happened Laylah” He asked me confused.

“You were beaten up by the androids Gohan,” I told him “I knew you shouldn’t have tried to fight them” I gave Gohan an angry look and he face turned sad.

I sighed; “I’m sorry Gohan” I kissed his lips softly and pulled away. Gohan had other plans though he pulled me back in and began to make out with me passionately.

“Cut that out Gohan” Chi Chi’s voice came from the door.

I blushed like crazy and stepped back from Gohan’s bed so Chi Chi could approach. She placed the damp cloth on Gohan’s forehead and he groaned, “Mum I’m fine I don’t need this” He began to sit up but Chi Chi pushed him straight back down

“You’re not going anywhere. You need to rest. You are not allowed to fight ever again!” With that she stormed out slamming the door shut as she went.

“I was so scared Gohan” I whispered looking down as tears welled up in my eyes “I thought I was going to loose you”

Gohan got out of his bed placing the cloth on his side table and walked over to me very wobbly. He placed his arms around me pulling me into his embrace. I sighed closing my eyes and resting my head on his shoulder

“I’m sorry Laylah. But I just could not have stood around and done nothing. It is just not who I am”

I already new that but I didn’t know what I would do if I ever lost Gohan. He meant the world to me.

***

Almost a full 24 hours had past before the others returned they were all badly hurt.

“Did you defeat the Androids?” I asked Trunks going to the kitchen and bringing him back a glass of water.

“No. We got a much bigger problem now” Trunks said and I looked at him confused. I didn’t know what could be worse than two killer androids running around destroying cities.

“As we were in the heat of our battle against the androids when a creature came along and absorbed the male one, 17. 18 had fled when she saw this happen. Gero was already destroyed by me” Goku Told Gohan and I

“What was this creature?” Gohan asked

“He called himself Cell” Trunks had answered, “he had used my time machine from the future to come back here so he could absorb the androids and any innocent humans along the way as well”

“He must be strong” I said amazed.

“He was very strong and now that he had absorb 17 he is twice as strong and the more people he absorbs the stronger he gets”

“If he absorbs 18 as well I don’t know what we will do,” Goku said.

I was scared now. If Goku felt hopeless we were truly screwed.

Goku saw the worried look on my face “Don’t worry Laylah I will defeat him. I will not let the world down”

“I will help you father” Gohan said.

“We will need to train very hard Gohan” Goku said

“No my baby is not fighting!” Chi Chi yelled at Goku.

“If we all die fighting against cell, Gohan might not have a choice. The lives of everyone on this planet are at stake” Goku explained “And Laylah there is a chance you too might have to fight”

My eyes went wide. Me fight, I would not last 5 seconds against this creature they are talking about.

“Don’t worry Laylah. I will protect you” Trunks said putting a hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

Gohan frowned at this “I too will protect you” Gohan said pulling me away from Trunks and into his embrace. I never wanted him to let go.

***

Don't forget to vote and comment :)