11. Androids arrival

Chapter Eleven

I could feel the pounding of my heart in my chest. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of my face. It was silent, no one said a word. The only sound that could be heard, was the distance noises of cars and people in the city far down below us.

I felt a hand squeeze my own reassuringly. I turned my head and saw Gohan staring down at the city with a look of great determination on his face, he did not look scared at all. How can he be so brave? I thought to myself. The androids were going to be here any minute now.

The wind was blowing strong up on the mountain cliff, where we waited. A big gush came blowing in and I felt the soft fabric from piccolo’s long white cape hit against my leg, sending a cold shiver down my spine.

Suddenly a huge explosion and screams from the city could be heard from down below. A big smoke mushroom cloud floated into the air from a petrol station that was on fire.

“They are here” Trunks said alarmed “Quick we got to hurry”

Piccolo, Goku, Krillen, Vegeta, Yamcha and Tien quickly flew off the cliff and down to the city below, where the explosion had come from. Trunks turned to Gohan and I “You two stay up here where it is safe” with that he flew off the join the others.

“Alright Laylah. You stay here. I am going to go and see what I can do to help the others. They may need me” Gohan kissed me on the cheek and took flight. I waited a moment until he was a bit in front of me and followed behind him at a distance he wouldn’t detect me.

When we got to the petrol station where the explosion happened we hid so the others wouldn’t see us. Gohan hid in an ally beside a four story office building peeking around the corner so he could see and hear what the others where saying.

I hid on top of the same building where I couldn’t be seen by the others or Gohan. I looked down at the scene below, there was burnt dead bodies of people who had gotten in the way of the explosion in the street. There was even a tiny body of a little boy who looked no older than 3. It mad my blood boil. I didn’t know how someone could ever kill so many innocent people.

“They are not here” Vegeta looked around angrily.

“They couldn’t have gone far,” Goku yelled out to him.

“We should split up and find them. And if you come across them just raise your power level so we can all sense it and everyone will come and help you fight them” Trunks suggested and everyone nodded in agreement “Do not take them on alone they are very powerful” Trunks added looking over at Vegeta, who grunted, and crossed his arms in annoyance.

They all took off towards different sections of the town. Gohan to went off to find the Androids. I decided I would follow him encase he found the androids and tried to take them on his self.

Gohan walked up a quiet street looking left and right down all the side streets as he passed them looking for anything suspicious.

“You do realise you are being followed there young man” Gohan stopped suddenly. An older man stood in front of him. He had long white hair and a white moustache. On top of his head he had a black tall hat with the words RR on it. Gohan thought it could stand for red ribbon army, but thought better of it when he realised this man did not fit the description of what the androids looked like that Trunks had given us.

“What do you mean I’m being followed? By you?” Gohan asked the man.

“No, not me, by a girl about your age with black hair, she is right over there” He pointed into the side street, which I was hiding. I quickly ducked my head out of sight, but I was pretty sure Gohan had seen me.

In a flash Gohan was standing in front of me. He didn’t look impressed at all. “What are you doing here Laylah. I thought I told you stay back at the cliff”

“I wanted to make sure you were going to be alright” I said worried filled my eyes. Gohan sighed.

“Ok well if you’re going to stay stick by me. That way I know where you are and can protect you”

I nodded at Gohan agreeing with his terms. We walked back into the street where Gohan had just come from, to see that the old man who he was talking to Gohan before was not alone. With him stood a boy and a girl of about 17 years of age. The girl had shoulder length blonde Hair and the boy had shoulder length black hair. It was the androids that Trunks had described.

“It’s them Gohan” I whispered scared to death.

“Just stay calm don’t let them know you are afraid”

“Maybe we should raise our power level and let the others know we are here,” I suggested. Gohan shook his head “No don’t worry Laylah, I can handle this”

“Stay back here” Gohan ordered as he approached the androids. I watched wide-eyed. Does Gohan actually think he is strong enough to take on these androids by himself?

“Why are you here hurting innocent people” Gohan asked the androids angrily.

The female smirked at him “Because its fun”

“Well your fun ends here. I won’t let you hurt any one else”

The girl looked at her brother android “you can fight him, I’ll watch”

“I give the orders around here 18” the old man with the white hair said angrily towards the girl. “17 dispose of the boy, so we can get back to hunting down Goku”

17 stepped forward a smirk growing on his face as he approached Gohan.

“Ready for some action little boy?”

“Bring it on” Gohan said stepping into his fighting stance.

***please vote and comment :)