12 ◇Caramel Lunacy◇

Jungkook's POV

"Hyung, can I eat it now?"

It was really frustrating.

To be asked the same question about a hundred times in the last two minutes, although I'd already clarified that 'no, it's still too hot, Chimchim, it will burn your tongue' the first time he'd asked.

It was also kind of weird, really weird. Nobody would know that the person sitting beside me on the floor was actually not the Jimin they knew, but a little child who was way to eager to shove the literally burning food in his mouth.

"But I'm so hungry!" Jimin exclaimed, forming a big circle with the chopsticks in his hands.

"If you want to burn yourself, go on," I sighed, exhausted from playing babysitter for the last ten minutes.

But what I didn't think is that Jimin would really take the hot cup in his small hands and dunk his chopsticks into the noodles, opening his mouth to a big O and everything happening in a matter of two seconds.

"No, wait!"

It was almost funny, because Jimin wasn't the one yelping the next moment, but me. Having hot water with about 75°C, along with curry sauced ramyeon all over your favourite shirt wasn't a really pleasant feeling. No, the tables had turned and I wasn't the one boiling but the one being boiled.

Because Jimin had dropped his ramyeon.

On me.

Cursing under my breath, I jumped on my feet and rushed to my closet, the wet fabric of my clothes sticking already tightly on my skin, the burning and aching getting stronger by second.

"Hyung!" A voice came from behind me, desperate and full with guilt.

I was too distracted stripping off the shirt, which felt like it was on flames, to notice the faint crying behind my back.

"Hyung, I'm so so sorry, please don't let me starve," The whining continued and I felt two tiny hands gripping my naked waist.

I didn't mean to do it but as soon as I felt Jimin's cold fingers touching my burning skin, I couldn't help letting out a long sigh, relieved because the heat was slowly beginning to fade away under his fingers.

Jimin was sobbing faintly, his cheek pressed tightly against my back, tears tracing my back as he murmured things like 'please don't let me starve' over and over while his arms were embracing my still shirtless torso.

And I really wanted to ask why Jimin were saying these nonsense things in the first place, why he thought I would let him starve, but I couldn't.
Because this wasn't a simple hug I received from Jimin after that one particular night, no, Jimin was backhugging me while I was naked, his skin on my skin and comparing the two hugs, the intimacy level increased from 10 to 100.

The heat from the boiling water was long gone and forgotten but I wondered if Jimin could feel the rising heat radiating through my body because of our proximity.

"Please don't be mad at me."

Jimin's quiet voice startled me and my brain finally decided to activate itself, reminding me that behind me wasn't Jimin but Chimchim and that the boy had just cried.

Taking a deep breath, I turned around and stepped out of Jimin's arms, taking his wrist in my hands to prevent him from hiding his tear-streaked face.

"I'm not mad at you, Chimchim."

"You're not?" Jimin looked at me with glistening eyes and I shook my head.