A Normal Day

A normal day. That's what it was. I sat on the couch reading a new book I had gotten. Like normal. All my friends sat on the couch enjoying there own activities. Like normal. The crime alert went off. Like normal. Are you sensing a pattern here? Everyone that day was perfectly normal. How could anything bad happen on such a plain and normal day? Well it is on the most normal of days that the strangest of things happen. It is a truth I've known for a long time. Yet I still couldn't have been prepared. "Titans Go!" Robin yelled as we sprung into action. We went to the streets where the destruction was happening. But we didn't recognize the villain. That was the first clue that this was not going to be a normal day. The guy seemed less focused on chaos and more focused on stealing random parts from random stores and seemed to be assembling something. That was also unusual. "What do you think he's building?" Cyborg asked "Do you think it has something to do with food I'm starving!" Beast Boy said "Who cares we have to destroy it! Robin stated "Finally my creation is complete!" He yelled "Now I can return to my dimension!" He yelled again "You are from a different dimension to ours?" Starfire asked "Oh well that doesn't seem to evil you just want to go home. Ok have fun with that." I said as we all started to leave "Wait will you return those stolen parts!" Robin asked "Of course I'll just leave them here and the owners can come get them." "Sounds good to me!" Cyborg agreed as we left. He then powered up the machine and we realized that it was very powerful and sucked whatever was around into the thing including us. We all held onto a tree and hoped it would soon be over as I felt my grasp slipping. Just when I thought I was gone Beat Boy grabbed onto my hand keeping me from being pulled in. Unfortunately he wasn't strong enough as I felt myself being pulled away him yelling "Raven!" Was the last thing I heard before disappearing. And that's when the normal day ended.