Five

DISCLAIMER: - see previous chapter -

AUTHOR'S NOTE: You guys rock! Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions as to what Alden received from his secret admirer. Your suggestions helped feed my muse; they were all so good that I had a hard time choosing just one. If I didn't use your suggestion, don't worry, I might have a use for those still in future chapters. And thanks to @mj_inferior for your suggestion that I ended up picking).

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

V.

THAT'S ONE EXPENSIVE WATCH, ALDEN," Maine pointed out. She whipped them up some pasta for dinner since that was what she had on hand and ready to be made in minutes (she froze some leftover sauce she made for her 'in case of emergency' stash) when Alden made it clear he was coming up with her to her apartment. She thought he'd just drop her off her place then he'd go his way; he surprised her when he found his usual parking spot whenever he came to visit, got out of the car, grabbed the box and walked in to the building with her.

"No shit," he answered still not believing what he was holding in his hand.

It was a nice looking TechnoMarine black-on-black Black Reef Carbon design watch that cost fifty-seven thousand pesos or more (Maine wasn't particularly sure how much a watch like that actually costs!). But who in their right mind would dare buy someone they probably hardly even know something as expensive as that?

"Sigurado kang hindi mo kilala kung kanino galing yan?" She frowned while seated across from him at the dining table. "I mean, whoever this admirer of yours is, obvious namang mapera siya dahil kaya niyang mag-bigay ng mamahaling regalo like that watch."

Alden lifted his gaze and met hers across the table. "I swear wala akong kilalang gagastos ng ubod ng laking amount ng pera just to give me a watch."

"Well, whoever your admirer is, she sure is making it known na seryoso siya sayo," Maine sighed and pushed herself up from her seat. She started clearing the table while Alden stared at the expensive gift he received.

"Dahil binigyan niya ako ng relong mamahalin seryoso na agad?" Alden was in denial mode pa rin habang pinagmamasdan yung relong natanggap niya.

Maine made a face at him then. "Ikaw ba, kung hindi ka serious sa isang babaeng kursonada mo, would you be willing to spend over half a million pesos na pang-regalo?" She questioned.

She got him there.

"Pero bakit palihim pa niya ito ibinigay sa akin?" Alden questioned.

"Beats me," Maine shrugged. "Baka nahihiya siya?"

"Dahil?"

"Aba malay ko. Mind reader ba ako?"

Alden made a face at her and cocked his head to the side. "Pinipilosopo mo naman ako eh."

"Really, Alden, kailangan mo ba talagang malaman ang rason? Just accept this really expensive gift and move on."

"Like you do whenever you receive your secret admirer's gifts?" He couldn't help from not taking a jab at her own secret admirer dilemma.

"I tolerated his whims, pero sumosobra na siya. You'd think after three anonymous gifts eh he'd find the courage to introduce himself sa akin? Hindi kaya no, so ubos na din pasensiya ko."

Alden didn't believe her. He suspects na Maine thrived on receiving gifts from her admirer kahit na minsan eh iniiwan lang niya iyong mga gifts she received sa kotse niya.

===========================

A/N 2: Apologies for the short chapter. I tried expanding this one, but my muse kept on insisting this is it for this chapter: a "filler" chapter. But worry not. I have ideas for the next chapters already, it's just a matter of when I will have enough time to sit down and work on it. I'm still on vacation so working on this will be tricky (wifi connection is tricky).