Seventeen

DISCLAIMER: - see previous chapters -

=================================

ANG POGI NUNG KA DINNER DATE mo nung Friday ha," commented Aicelle during their Sunday brunch date. Maine agreed to meet up with them for Sunday brunch after skipping out on joining them Friday and Saturday night.

"You two seemed friendly too," Jules added and broke off her garlic stick in half.

"Another suitor in the midst ba yun na hindi namin alam?" Aicelle jabbed her lightly on the ribs since siya ang katabi ni Maine.

"Guys, ano 'to, Interrogation 101? Chillax lang mga besh, okay?" Maine gave her two friends a queer look and grabbed the other half of the garlic toast handed to her.

"Girl, paano kami magchi-chillax eh we've been waiting with baited breath since Friday para lang malaman ang scoop from you!" Jules squealed.

"Since Friday?" Maine questioned. "I'm surprised Jules didn't storm to my unit that very same night," she laughed.

"Muntik-muntikanan na, pero napigilan ko lang sarili ko," Jules told her.

"Sus, sabihin mo busy ka lang with Ike that night," Aicelle teased, earning her a death glare across the table from Jules.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, are you saying na progressing na ang status relationship ng boss ko at nitong si Jules?" Maine can't help from jumping in on the tease-Jules-wagon.

"Hay naku, mas makulay na ang love life nang ating Maria Julia ngayon," Aicelle let out a dreamy sigh followed by a girlish giggle that seemed to infect Maine as well.

Jules glared at her two friends seated across from her and tossed garlic toast crumbs at them. Maine and Aicelle just laughed at their friend's annoyed - but guilty - reaction and continued to tease her on and off about hee potential romance with Ike.

ANY VIABLE INTEL you garnered from your brunch date with Maine?" Ike whispered to Jules while helping her setup the table at Maine's place. After spending the afternoon with her and Aicelle, Maine received a whiny text from Pao complaining na he was being neglected by his cousin. It so happen na kasama ni Pao si Ryan and Sam at the time, so Maine qaa guilted to having people over at her place for dinner. Even Alden and Ike got invited dahil sabi ni Pao hindi daw kumpleto ang trops kung MIA yung dalawang hunks ng kanilang unofficial group.

"Wala nga eh. She spent the entire time teasing me, with Aicelle's help too," Jules complained.

Lahat sila na nakakita kay Maine Friday night were curious about her Mystery Man, pero ayaw nilang maging too obvious sa pagtatanong so hirap silang mag-gather ng information. The only thing they know about him was he was Alden's newest client and that was that.

"Eh ba't ka naman nagpatukso?" Ike teased.

Jules glared at him and without trying to be subtle jabbed him hard in the ribs.

"Tumigil ka. Isa ka pa," she warned.

Ike didn't take offense. Instead he burst out laughing, earning more of Jules' ire.

Maine watched one of her close friends and her ex-boyfriend from the corner of her eye. She knew an attraction between the two was inevitable, and seeing them together like this only makes her feel happy na hindi siya nakipagbalikan kay Ike when Ninong Wally kept on pushing him back into her life.

Buzzzzzzzzz!

"Nag-order ba kayo ng home delivery?" Aicelle asked, pausing just outside the kitchen doorway holding a plate of crispy pata.