Twenty-Five

DISCLAIMER: - see previous chapters -

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

HI," ALDEN GREETED, SURPRISING Maine when he made an unannounced appearance outside her unit.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

Alden held up a couple of brown paper bags and dangled it in front of her, allowing the scent of what was inside the bags to waft to her nostril, letting her know that one contained her favourite isaw and the other most probably pancit.

"Ano yan?" she frowned, looking at the paper bags in front of her.

"Merienda," Alden answered and without waiting for her to invite him inside, he crossed the threshold and went straight to her kitchen to put the food he brought on plates.

Maine closed the door and followed her uninvited guest in to her kitchen. She watched Alden make himself feel at home sa kitchen niya, which felt and seemed natural lang na gawin niya. Last time she had Ian come over and he took over her kitchen like he knew her place inside-out, she didn't feel at ease watching him, pero si Alden she doesn't mind.

"Anong okasyon?" She asked after he was done transferring yung dala niya sa mga plates.

"Wala lang. Bakit, kailangan bang merong okasyon para bisitahin ka?"

"You and I haven't hung out in months, and when we do end up hanging with the same group of people, we barely even talk. So excuse me for wondering what the occasion is at nandito ka at my dalang merienda."

Alden finally looked at Maine after he finished transferring the food he brought on to two plates. He picked a plate each in his hand and walked up to where she stood by the kitchen doorway. "I missed you," he answered then walked around her out of the kitchen and towards the dining table.

Maine was left speechless standing by the kitchen doorway. She was trying to comprehend if what she heard him say was really what he said or kung guniguni lang niya yun.

"Ano?" She asked following after him. She paused when Alden stopped and pulled out a chair, then gestured for her to take a seat. "Alden..."

Alden gestured for her to take a seat again. He wasn't going to say anything until she was seated and they were enjoying the food he brought over.

Maine indulged him and sat down. He won't say anything until she did what he asked her to do, and she was dying of curiosity so she indulged him. She made herself comfortable in her seat and waited until he took a seat in the chair next to her. He proceeded serving her the merienda he brought; he went back to the kitchen to grab a pitcher of water he knew she had in the fridge and brought it over along with two glasses.

Maine waited until he was seated again and was ready to start eating when she spoke again and asked, "Anong pakulo ito, Alden?"

"Anong pakulo?" Alden asked, pouring water in both their glasses.