Twenty-Three

DISCLAIMER: - see previous chapter -

=====================

MAINE CAN'T HELP FROM noticing Ike watching her closely. He'd stand by his office doorway and just stare at her while she worked. He has been doing that all week and it was starting to creep her out. She sensed he wanted to ask her something, but he won't do it. Instead he was creeping on her in the most obvious possible way and that wad annoying.

"Pwede ba, kung meron kang gustong itanong, tanungin mo na," she said with a frustrated sigh. She didn't look away from her computer monitor but she sensed his presence and caught movement from her peripheral sa direction niya.

Ike pushed himself away from his office doorway and walked to stand in front of her desk.

"You're back in the dating game again?"

Maine looked away from her monitor and raked her gaze up until she met her ex-boyfriend's eyes.

"I don't think it's any of your business if I am or am not back in the game," she told him coolly.

"Touché," Ike nodded. "Pero seriously, Maine, si Ian?" He questioned, referring to his friend from the States and one of the models their company uses for ad campaigns.

"What about Ian?"

"He's a player."

"He's a gentleman," she defended.

"Yeah, until he gets in your pants."

"No one's getting in my pants but me," she argued.

"The guy can be persuasive," he tsked.

"Are you saying I'm easy?" Maine was both outraged and insulted at Ike's implication.

"I didn't say that," he argued.

"But you implied it!"

"That wasn't even what I meant!"

"You still thought it," she accused.

"That wasn't what I meant and you know it."

"Pero yun yung iniisip mo," she accused.

"Maine..."

"Ike..." she mimicked.

Ike let out a frustrated sigh and rolled his eyes. "Bakit masyado ka namang defensive?"

"Anong defensive?"

He gestured at her and her reaction. He doesn't know how else to word what her reaction was to him asking her about her choice of potential boyfriend. Between Ruru, Alden and Ian, di hamak naman na mas matinong choice si Ruru or Alden compared to Ian. The guy was his friend and all, but he knew how Ian plays and Maine was an easy target for his charm and charisma. In the end she was better off with Alden kahit na minsan sobrang torpe nung mokong na yun.