Six

DISCLAIMER: - see previous chapter -

=================================

WOW, GANDA NAMAN NG RELO MO," greeted Sam when he noticed the TechnoMarine watch Alden was wearing instead of his usual one he often wore to work. "Kelan mo binili yan?" he added as he grabbed his friend's arm to study the watch.

"Hindi ko 'to binili," sagot ni Alden and pulled his arm back from Sam's grasp.

Sam cocked an eyebrow and then eyed his friend questioningly. "Kung hindi mo binili, saan nanggaling 'to? Bigay sayo ni Maine?"

"Yes and no," sagot ni Alden.

"Yes and no?" echoed Sam. "Explain."

Alden sighed and rolled his eyes skyward. He looked above the elevator door to see kung nasaang floor na yung elevator car na hinihintay nila. They both just returned from an out call sa isa sa mga clients nila and nagkataon lang na magkasabay silang nag-park sa same level nung parkade at nagkasabay pagpunta sa sakayan ng elevator.

"Yes, regalo itong relo sa akin. And no, hindi ito galing kay Maine."

"Eh kung hindi sa kanya, kanino galing 'yan?"

"That's the million dollar question," sagot ni Alden the same time the elevator doors slid open in front of them. He stepped in before Sam could question him further. He was thankful it was empty; meron pang pinickup muna from the level below them bago tumigil sa parkade level nila.

Sam would've questioned his friend some more, pero wala na silang privacy, and also he caught sight of a couple of notorious office gossip currently riding the same car they're on sa elevator so it would be really smart of him to keep his trap shut the rest of the way to their floor. But if Alden thought the subject was dropped, he had another think coming.

# # # # #

SERYOSO KA?" Jules' eyes nearly bugged out after she heard the latest gossip from Maine. "Half a million worth na relo ang regalo sa mokong?"

Maine was the one who asked Jules to join her for lunch. She didn't know who else to talk to after Alden left her apartment last night. Hindi rin naman niya alam kung bakit ganito ang reaction niya doon sa secret admirer ni Alden. Alam naman niyang isa sa mga most sought after sa office ang kaibigan niya, so what gives?

"I know, right? I mean, who would be dumb enough to spend that much for a secret admirer gift? Chocolates, flowers, cookies pwede pa, but a half a million's worth of watch? Dyosko po! Sobra naman ata yun."

Jules watched her companion carefully, keeping a lid on her amusement at Maine's reaction and changing tone of voice when she spoke. Selos ang loka, she chuckled but she was careful not to show Maine she was being amused by her antics. Not that Maine was putting on an act. Jules believes her friend was genuinely jealous of Alden's secret admirer. Iba ang vibes ni Jules this time around compared to before when Maine was fielding calls for Alden before she moved up to her newest position; dati noon talagang inis lang si Maine whenever she complained about Alden's countless admirers, but this time around merong halong selos na yung inis niya.

# # # # #

WELL?" Demanded Pao when he met up with Jules after work. He was as intrigued as her to find out exactly what was going on between his cousin and his best friend since neither one would fess up and tell him the real deal between them. After that scandalizing elevator kiss the two were caught sharing a few months back, they pretty much kept mum about the progress of their relationship - if such progress happened.