1.2

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER;

BLACK OUT DAYS

PHANTOGRAM

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

FREDAG 11:00

School started a few weeks ago, and I'm already wanting to drop out. All my teachers have just been dropping piles of homework as if they think that I don't have a life. I close my locker and walk to my Spanish class.

I haven't exactly made any friends yet. William and I still talk, and when he's not partying, he comes over to my apartment and he stays overnight.

It's Isak who I haven't made a lot of time for. We've hung out a few times, but he also has his own friends.

I take a seat by the window in the empty classroom. No one is here yet, not even the teacher. I suppose because I'm ten minutes early. I pull out my phone and open the text messages that my parents send me daily.

Mother: Good Morning Darling! I love you, and have a great day. Your father and I miss you very much. Mom.

Father: Isabella, I hope you're studying hard and enjoying your time in Oslo. Work hard and you'll achieve. Dad.

I scoff at the messages and don't bother to text back.

After a while, I hear someone else walk in. I pay no attention to who it might be until the person's voice begins to speak.

"Hallo."

I look up from my phone and towards the owner of the voice. A guy looks at me smiling. I raise my eyebrows and simply say hi back. I turn back to my phone and pretend to be interested on the news that I'm reading.

He walks towards me and takes a seat next to me. I feel his gaze on me.

I pay no attention to it, but after a while it begins to annoy me.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask.

He smirks, "Sassy. I like it."

I roll my eyes.

"You're William's friend, right?" he asks.

I nod, "You know him?"

"Yeah. Yeah I know him." he responds.

"Cool" I say and turn back to my phone.

He opens his mouth to say something else, but the bell rings and students begin to walk into the classroom.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

At lunch time, I walk over to the school's small cafe and order a cup of coffee. I sit in one of the small tables that's meant for two and begin to slowly sip the hot drink.