1.8

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER;

FEEL REAL

DEPTFORD GOTH

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

SØNDAG 19:15

Chris and I have spent the weekend together. We didn't do much, he just slept over my apartment and we watched The Office and movies.

He told me to dress up, since we're going to dinner and I had no say in it. It's nice that Chris wants to take me somewhere, he told me he just wants to make me happy. And I told him that I'll be just as happy if we stayed in and watched movies or something. But he insisted and said I had no choice, and if I refused to go, then he would carry me over his shoulder and drive me to the restaurant.

And apparently, he had already brought an extra pair of "dress" clothes. He said he had already planned to take me out somewhere this weekend. He smirks as he opens the passenger door for me.

"Thank you." I say smiling.

The drive is silent, but a comfortable silence. He still hasn't told me where we're going. Once we arrive at the restaurant, I notice that it's a Spanish one.

"You said you missed Madrid. So I brought you to the best Spanish restaurant in town." he says.

It may seem like a small thing, but the fact that he even thought about this makes me laugh and blush.

"So.. Tell me about yourself." he says when the waiter finished taking our order.

"Umm.. well, I was born in Oslo. Raised in Bergen. My parents were promoted to run some business, so they decided to move the whole family there. They've been married for 17 years, surprisingly. I have an older brother, Thomas. Anytime someone asks me if I have siblings, I usually say no. Not because I don't like him, it's just, it brings back memories." I chuckle. "But he lives in Tromsø.. I don't blame him though.. We've always talked about leaving home."

He shakes his head. "What happened?"

"He wanted to stay behind and wait until I was old enough to leave." I smile sadly, "But I couldn't do that to him.. I told him to leave once he graduated. He went to Nissen too. And now he's studying in Tromsø to be a lawyer."

He furrows his eyebrows. "Why did you guys want to leave."

I clear my throat. "Well my parents.. they were always busy working. So, usually my brother and I would just stay home by ourselves. They were basically gone all day and we rarely saw them.. They just loved their work more." I sigh. "But there are a couple of good memories that we've had with them.. I think the main reason we wanted to leave from Bergen so much, was because we wanted to leave from that environment we lived in."