Chapter 14

"So your telling me you want me to let two strangers live in my house because one of them is your bestie and since I'm a caring mother I should help them no matter what."Gerald's mom said narrowing her eyes toward Jeremy and me.

After that awkward silence with Gabriel and Jeremy glaring at each other with so much hatred I grabbed Jeremy and we went to the kitchen to find Gerald's mom sitting on the stool with her head buried in her hands.

She was a small petite woman with curly brown hair like her sons.She was wearing a bright yellow dress with blue heels.

Now I know where Gerald got his fashion sense from.

She lifted her and saw Jeremy and me.

"Oh!Gerald you didn't tell me your friend was such a doll!"

I felt my cheeks reddened and Jeremy smirked at me.

Gerald rolled his eyes.

"Mom It's not like that.Shes my best friend."

She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Whatever you say."

And that's where he got his diva attitude from.

She then looked at Jeremy.

"And a good looking fellow as well."she said smirking towards Jeremy.

I narrowed my eyes and grabbed Jeremy's hand.Jeremy gave me a little smile.

"Jealous."he whispered into my ear.

I shook my head.

"Wrong girl."I muttered.

Gerald's mom went to our untwined hands and clapped her hands in excitement.

"You brought me to take care of two teenagers in love."She said pinching Gerald's cheek.

I smiled.

She seemed nice.

But I can't be too sure on that just yet.

All the other moms I've been with stabbed me in my back.I don't even know why I let Gerald talk me into staying here.I would've rather stay in that alley with Jeremy sleeping on my legs with his soft lips puckered out as if he was waiting for me to kiss him again.

"I'm Lexi and this is Jeremy."I said extending my hand.

"Call me Rosie.I hate the formal name since it has my husbands last name on it ha!"

She got off the stool and gave me a hug.

She pulled away and placed her hands on her hips.

"I don't know anything about you two and I'm not a mosey person but if you two are going to live here I need to lay down some rules.No leaving the house after midnight,no fighting,you two will have chores,you'll be sleeping in separate rooms and I have to know your parents information.I know your story but I need to at least find a way to contact them if something happens."

My eyes widened.

"They're dead.We watched them die so we ran to lay in the alley and cry."Jeremy said.

Gerald narrowed his eyes at me and I avoided his stare.I didn't want to stare at him thinking I'm a liar.

Rosie covers her mouth with her hand and gasped.

"I'm sorry children.I shouldn't have asked.Ill just take care of you guys for now until I figure out what we have to do."she said with a sad smile.

The pity smile.

The devil smile.

The smile I hated since I came back from the mental hospital before going to jail.

"You look so much better!"my mom said smiling happily at me.

I nodded and stared at the window.

I wanted to disappear.I don't care anymore.I didn't care about anything.I was numb.Numb from overtaking anti depressants every freaking night.

"Can we go?"I said grabbing my bags and passing her to go to the car.

She sighed and followed me.

"I'm here you know that right."she said smiling that pity smile that made me want to rip her face.

"Yeah."I mumbled my heart sinking further and further and my brain getting cloudier and darker.I was floating.I was there but not.

"Lexi!"
I felt arms pulled me backwards and I fell against Him.I screamed and pushed him off me.

"Get away!Leave me alone!Your dead.I killed you.Your dead and you need to stay dead and away from me!"I yelling kicking his side.

Someone pulled me back and it was my mom giving me that death pity smile again.

I looked back to Him and gasped when I saw it was a stranger I didnt even know on the floor unconscious .

I gasped back the air I didn't know was gone.

Everyone looked at me.Jeremy wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Are you okay Lexi?"

I nodded and gave a tight smile.
Jeremy frowned knowing I was lying by I wasn't in the mood for talking.

I wanted to rest.

"I'm getting tired can you tell me where my room is?I am grateful for you to take care of us Rosie.It means a lot."

Rosie smiled and grabbed his hand leading me upstairs.Jeremy was straying to follow me.I looked at him and shook my head slowly and smiled.

I just needed rest.

"This is your room."she said pointing to the one second to the wall.

"Thank you again for your hospitality."I said.

She gave me a hug.

"It's my pleasure.Plus it's nice to have a girl to dress up and talk about boys with."

I nodded and opened my door and closed it before leaning against the wall.

I just need rest.

I crawled to my bed and then cried silently into the pillows.

Second house that I cried in my room on the first day.What a record.

"Shut up will you.I'm trying to do my work."a familiar voice said.

Gabriel.

I was in a room next to the boy that was hiding something.

Something that I can maybe help him with.

But how can you help someone when you can't help yourself.

"Sorry."I said my voice breaking at the end.

I crawled under the giant blankets and snuggled into them letting my dark thoughts spiral around me and trapping me in a dark circle I can never get out.

Because in the end my darkness is my only friend.

New chapter ^_^
Gabriel is going to be another love interest for Lexi If you guys were wondering but it's harder for him to find his feeling for her.
Any who comment and vote and have a beautiful week👍🏽*********