Chapter 2

"Get up."a voice said.

My eyes opened seeing a man towering over me. He had a brown scruffy beard and was bald.His eyes were brown like Jeremy's the one I got lost in.

"Didn't you here me."he snapped taking a step back.

I got up and saw I was still in the hallway.Holding the paper in my hand I walked past him quickly before he did anything.Something about that guy made me feel queasy. I ran down the stairs and walked into the bright kitchen. It was old fashioned with wooden cupboards and counters.The stove was a jet black and the oven matched the fridge which was white. In the middle was a long dining table with six seats.Jeremy sat in the middle glancing at me.

"Oh there you are!I was just about to ca-"

Aunt Cindy stopped looking at me worriedly. She placed the large pot she was carrying on the table before rushing over to me.She placed both hands on my face causing me to flinch and move away from her.

"What happened?"she asked ignoring my sudden movement.

"I hit a wall."I mumbled.

Aunt Cindy looked at me carefully slowing nodding and walking toward the pot.

"Sit down anywhere you want."she said.

I sat across from Jeremy which was a bad mistake since he kept her glare continuously on me.

"Stop staring please."I whispered so he and I could only hear.

Jeremy blinked a couple of times his cheeks turning a slight pink.

"Sorry."he replied.

"Oh how is my wonderful family doing!"

The man came down and I instantly realized who he was.

Uncle Colby.

The man who cursed my mother in front of me.

And I wasn't even eight years old yet.

"Evening Family and....Lexi."

Aunt Cindy smiled at him as he sat down

Right.Next.To. Me.

He turned to Jeremy.

"How's school Jere?"

Jeremy stopped eating and threw his fork on his plate startling me.

"Don't you dare talk to me!"he yelled before getting up and kicked the table.

"Jeremy!"Aunt Cindy yelled at him.

"Fuck this."

He then ran upstairs.

"Its this girl making him act like this."he mumbled like I didn't hear him.

Aunt Cindy looked at me.

"Lexi can you go up there. He doesn't want us near him when he gets upset."

Uncle Colby choked on his food.

"To hell I'll let this brat near my son!"he yelled giving me an evil glare.

I looked down at my chicken.

Crispy yet juicy.

"Colby!You know he doesn't like you."she said.

"Shut it Cindy."he said before going up the stairs and soon there was more yelling.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!"

"Here we go again."Aunt Cindy said shaking her head.

"I'm sorry you have to hear this."she said with a frown.