Meeting Tord & Matt

Things were moving and very busy on Homeworld. This planet was home to thousands of gems, each crafted for a use, depending on the gem that's born.

In one section of Homeworld, the decor looked the same, but it was all blue. This area was under the rule of one of the four Diamonds, Blue Diamond. All the gems in this court obeyed her and her alone, unless another Diamond came over, then it was only the best behavior for the visiting ruler.

Now, the Blue sector was in buzz as many gems were in an arena like room, fighting each other. Yes, this was the training room, where all of Blue Diamond's soldiers trained for war.

And indeed there was a war.

Another Diamond ruler; Pink Diamond, had taken the task of colonizing a organic planet called Earth. It was going well, till one of her gem soldiers rebelled; a Rose Quartz. Since then, other gems have rebelled and joined up with Rose Quartz, calling themselves the Crystal Gems.

Pink Diamond was still on Earth, fighting against Rose Quartz, but the other Diamonds were keeping a close eye, for Pink Diamond would need their aid in this war.

A loud shout sounded as a gray soldier fell, and poofs into a small gem. A shadow went over the poofed soldier, who then picked it up. "Weak, all these Onyx soldiers are the same." said the soldier.

The other gems looked at him, they were always nervous around this soldier. His skin was a mix of light red and orange and he wore a red short sleeved soldier uniform with maroon straps connected to a blue diamond symbol. He also had brown hair with the bangs pointed up like devil horns with his eyes blood red.

This was a rare Topaz solider, though he liked being called Tord, his gem was located on his right hand.

Topaz gems were rare and hard to make, there for, when one was born, the Diamonds would take turns deciding who would get it. So far, there are only six Topaz soldiers, White Diamond had two, Yellow Diamond had two as well, Pink Diamond has one as well as Blue Diamond. Next Topaz gem to be born would go to Pink Diamond and then Blue Diamond.

Still, out of the other Topaz soldiers, Tord was the strongest, many think it was his weapon, which was great for long and short range attacks, two pistols, or just one, depending on what he needs.

"Hey Tord." said a soldier. He looked over to see it was a Tiger-eye soldier. "Do you really have to keep poofing everyone you train with?" asked the soldier. "Psst, he asked for it, all Onyx soldiers are annoying, thinking they're hot shit, well I just proved another one wrong." said Tord.

He then tossed the gem to the soldier to walk away. "Don't talk down to me like I was just made today, otherwise I'll poof you too, and I will since I'm the best." said Tord.

As he exited the room, he heard a soldier laugh lightly. "If so, then why aren't you leading a team." Tord's eye twitched so he summoned a pistol. It matched his skin with a red and maroon stripe. He fired without looking, but heard the poof and the gasps of other gems.

Tord smirked to waved his weapon away to walk, whistling a happy tone. But the tone was soon cut short as the soldiers words hit.

It was true, he was by far Blue Diamond's best soldier, her most powerful one, yet he wasn't in charge of his own team. Sure, most of the gems in her court are already assigned, but he should still lead.

The only gem who wasn't teasing him about this was an Earth-made gem. The gem liked to be called Matt, why, he had no idea. He was Tord's self-proclaimed best friend, which was true as Tord had no other friends.

He wasn't the greatest to get along with, but Matt ignored that as he liked hanging out with the Topaz soldier. Tord didn't really like Matt as he was an idiot, but due to how nice he was, Tord found no real reason to send him away.

Maybe he did like having a friend.

As he thought this, Tord looked up to see Matt. Matt was an Amethyst gem, made in the Prime Kindergarten, he was part of the first batch. Matt has orange hair that was neatly spiked up with his hair feathered a bit in the back with purple eyes. His soldier uniform had no sleeves and was purple with darker purple straps connecting to his blue diamond symbol, he also wore a very deep purple arms length, finger less gloves.

Upon looking up, the Amethyst gem grinned to run over. "Tord, how are you?" asked Matt, hugging him tightly. "Fine, now let go." growled Tord.

Matt did and smiled at him happily. "I just got finished with weapons training, I finally found my weapon." said Matt happily. "Really, what is it?" asked Tord.

Matt called it to reveal a hand held mirror. "Why am I not surprised, anyway, what does it do?" asked Tord. "It reflects enemy attacks, creates clones, blasts lasers at people when pointing, plus, I can see myself in it." said Matt. Tord sighed, resting his face in his hand as Matt looked at his reflection.

Of all things, what made Matt so narcissistic?

The two walked on, Matt still looking in the mirror. "So, how was training with the others?" asked Matt, running a hand through his hair. "Same as always, poofed some smart mouthed gem and got told off, shot one of them." said Tord, smirking.

Matt waved his mirror away to look at his friend. "You ever think of being nicer to the other gems, you might get more friends that way." said Matt. "Don't need it if I have to be different than what I am, besides, I'd like it if people stopped disrespecting me." said Tord. "Ya, that's true, they can be jerks." said Matt.

Tord smiled as they came to an empty room. "So, wanna try your mirror against my pistol?" asked Tord. "Yes, I only just learned to summon it, I wanna battle." yelled Matt excitedly. "Cool, just pay attention to the fight and not your looks." said Tord. "Hey, someone has to look and see how good looking I am." said Matt. "Eh, you might find someone to do that one day." said Tord.

Matt smiled and the two got into position. Tord summoned his guns while Matt summoned his mirror. "Ready, begin." said Tord.

He fired and Matt held up the mirror, bouncing the attack off and back at the soldier. "Ha, nice, but let's see if you can block them all." said Tord. He rapidly started firing, Matt trying his best to follow.

Matt was indeed a self absorbed idiot, but he was also Tord's only friend. Maybe having friends wasn't so bad after all.

"Gah, Tord, my hair!" whined Matt. Tord paused to groan as the gem set to fixing it. 'Then again, maybe not.' thought Tord.

NOTE: New story, and yes, another one connected to Steven Universe, I am such trash for this, but it's so cool. :) Anyway, I drew some artwork for this story but it won't let me show it, don't know why. So here is the URL to see it: http://spottedfire210.deviantart.com/art/Eddsworld-Crystal-Gems-656230838. Cover art is done by me as well. Anyway, hope you like it, stay tuned for the next chapter to met Edd and Tom. Till the next update, bye~