Pilot Training

Tom was standing by the door to Hanger five, waiting for Tord to get back with Edd and Matt. "What is taking that idiot so long?" wondered Tom. The Pearl was getting irritated when he heard footsteps.

Tord was walking over with the other two gems behind him. Edd and Matt were talking happily about something, well, least till the Shard spotted Tom. "Tom, hey." cried Edd. He ran over to hug the Pearl who sighed a bit.

"Nice seeing you too Edd, now, you guys ready to pilot a ship?" asked Tom. "Sure, what you got for us?" asked Tord.

Tom hit a button on the wall and the door opened to show a giant room full of blue ships. "These are the fighter ships you'll be piloting, your ship is model ZRI-MX23 serial 37G849DL09." said Tom. He led them into the hanger to one of the ships.

"So, did we get our own?" asked Matt. "No, Tord as team leader will pilot and operate the ship and you two will be in charge of weapons." said Tom. "Cool, so we are going to shot the rebels?" asked Edd. "Soon but not now, the attack has yet to happen so till then, I'll be showing you how to work the ship." said Tom.

Matt and Edd were happy as Tord just stared at the Pearl dreamily. 'Hopefully that attack is far off, I want my time with him to last quite a long while.' thought Tord.

As Edd and Matt ran onto the ship, Tom looked over to the Topaz to blush. Tord was still staring at him. "Uh, you getting on or what?" asked Tom. "huh, oh yes, of course." stumbled Tord in embarrassment.

He hurriedly got onto the ship with Tom following. 'What a dork...but he DOES have a certain charm.' thought Tom.

They got to the main room with Matt and Edd looking at all the screens. "This is swell, what does this button do?" asked Edd. "Don't touch anything unless you know what it is." said Tom.

Edd stopped but Matt still pressed a button. A speaker than came out and starts playing a something. "Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together." sang the speaker.

"Son of a- no, HELL NO!" yelled Tord. He summoned his guns to start shooting the speaker repeatedly. After a few minutes did Tord stop, panting hard as the speaker was completely gone, a large hole of sparking wires now in its place.

Edd and Matt were holding each other in terror as Tom just stared. "Well, guess you guys don't get a sound system now." said Tom. "I-is he done, is it over?" asked Edd in a small voice. Matt just pats his head, getting the Shard to bury his head in the Amethyst chest. "It's okay, it's over, it's over." cooed Matt.

Tord got rid of his guns to look at his stunned team. "Wow, leader of your own ship for five cycles and you already destroyed a part of it and traumatized your team mates, good job." said Tom. "Oh pfft, they're fine." said Tord.

The Pearl just smirks and shakes his head. "You're insane." said Tom. "Ah, but where's the fun in being sane, seems to me the real fun lies in insanity." smirked Tord. Tom chuckled, getting Edd and Matt to stare.

"Matt, is Tord..." started Edd. "Yes, yes, yes, Tord loves Tom." giggled Matt. "Really, well, I think Tom likes him too." said Edd. The two gems look to each other to grin and laugh.

"What are you two laughing about?" asked Tord. "Oh uh nothing." said Matt. Edd nodded as Tom summoned his holopad.

"Okay, ready to get started on the ships controls?" asked Tom. "Sure, uh, Edd and Matt, why not explore the ship a bit, see where the guns are but don't touch anything." said Tord. "Sure, of course." grinned Matt. "Ya, we'll just leave you two, alone, bye." giggled Edd. Tom looked at them weirdly as Tord's cheeks flush a brighter red.

The two gems leave as Tom looks back at him. "Okay, so not only can you pilot the ship, but you'll have access to it's missiles as well." said Tom. "Missiles huh, so Edd and Matt just get the guns?" asked Tord. "Ya, so take a seat and I'll show you the controls." said Tom.

The Topaz got into the captains chair to see all the buttons on the panel before him. The most noticeable thing about the panel was the giant wheel.

"Okay, so this wheel steers the ship and this lever gets the engine started." said Tom. Tord was watching but his mind was else where.

As Tom explained the different buttons, levers and switches, the Pearl was leaning more into him. 'Shit, shit, shit.' thought Tord.

"Hey, are you even listening?!" demanded Tom. "Huh, oh sure." said Tord. "Really, then tell me what I just told you." said Tom. "Uh, hey are you even listening." said Tord with a smug look.

Tom slaps him upside the head but is smiling himself. "Smart ass, I meant about the ship." said Tom. "Oh, then no, you really need to be clearer." said Tord, staring at the other happily. "Hmph, or maybe you should be listening instead of flirting with me, you insane dork." said Tom. "Again, where's the fun, and if you want me to stop flirting, why don't we do something together?" asked Tord.

The Topaz froze to blush more, did he just ask Tom out?! The Pearl is stunned but smiles to cross his arms. "Why not, I got nothing going on after this." said Tom. This catches Tord off guard but he grins. He said yes, holy shit, TOM SAID YES!

"Great, so, where would you like to go?" asked Tord. "Anywhere is fine, we could just walk around." said Tom. "Nice, cool, so, let's finish this lesson and move on to the fun stuff." said Tord.

Tom shook his head to look back at the panel. "You better pay attention this time." said Tom. Tord nodded as he looked at the panel and asked questions.

While this was happening, Edd and Matt were spying on them. "I can't believe it, Tord actually asked him out." said Matt. "Ya, you owe me a whole day of fun." beamed Edd.

"Okay, I do, what would you like to do?" asked Matt. "What about that game you made up?" asked Edd. "Oh you mean kick a ball into a hole, sure." said Matt. The two left the others alone to plan the day of fun the Shard won.

But still, what would Tom and Tord's date be?

NOTE: Tord is now learning to pilot his own ship, traumatized Poor Edd and Matt, plus he's also asked Tom out. Finally. So what is to happen next? Till the next update, bye~