Meeting Tom & Edd

At the very heart of the blue sector, a lone gem was sitting by a large throne, looking over a holopad.

He has light brown hair that was spiked up, and no eyes. He was wearing a short sleeved teal colored uniform with long light blue sleeves, he was even wearing a light blue belt that went up in a diamond shape, in the center was their gem stone.

This is Blue Pearl, he was the lowest class of gem, being seen as property, an accessory. He belonged to one of the four diamonds, obviously Blue Diamond as this was her sector as well as he was blue. This Pearl liked to be called Tom, he didn't know why just that he liked how it sounded.

Tom was looking over the incoming data, all reports from Pink Diamond on the rebels. 'Why even fight for that rock, there's nothing interesting there.' thought Tom.

As he thought this, a large diamond shaped door opened, revealing a tall blue figure, face hidden by a hood. "Oh my Diamond." said Tom, bowing lightly. "My Pearl, is there any news?" asked Blue Diamond.

"Just reports from Pink Diamond, she was able to beat back the Crystal Gems at the Spire, but she knows they'll be back, there were no broken gems and any poofed rebels were already retrieved before she could get them." said Tom. "I see, but she requires no help?" asked Blue Diamond. "For the time being, that seems to be it." said Tom.

The large diamond nodded to sit on her throne. "What about the training of my soldiers and the labs?" asked Blue Diamond. "There has been nothing, no update with the training or the lab works, so I guess there hasn't been much improvement." said Tom.

He looked back to his Diamond as she sat there in thought. "Did you even go see for yourself?" she asked. "I can not as I have no permission, plus no one talks to me unless you give orders." sighed Tom. "Useless, go to the Peridots and check on their progress with the project." said Blue Diamond.

Tom's hands made a tight fist and he grinded his teeth. "Yes, my Diamond." said Tom calmly. He left the room to let his anger roll off him.

"Stupid Diamond, she knows no one respects Pearls." grumbled Tom. He hated being a Pearl, he wasn't like the others, he wasn't meek or submissive. Yet he was a Pearl, and thus was nothing more than an accessory to his Diamond.

He passed a window to catch his reflection. Purple smoking was coming from his eyes and he shook. There was something else about him that was different, he had a power no Pearl had before. He took a guess that something else was added unknowingly when he was born, thus giving him more power.

Sighing, Tom calmed himself down and waved the smoke away. It only really showed when he was angry, so he had control over his anger, only letting it out when things really got under his skin.

'Like being called a useless Pearl.' thought Tom. He crossed his arms and went on once he was sure there was no more smoke coming from his eyes.

This bizarre new power let Tom cast purple flames, though his main weapon that no one knew of was a harpoon. He could shoot them from his hand and summon them as melee weapons. 'People underestimate me, but if I DID fight back, I'd no doubt be shattered, I hate being a damn Pearl.' thought Tom.

He soon came to the labs and went inside. The room was full of lime green gems, working around the room, examining things or messing with machines. The gems in this room were all Peridots, the scientists of Homeworld.

"A Pearl, why are you here?" asked a Peridot boredly. "Shut up, I'm here on orders from Blue Diamond, now where is Peridot 124?" asked Tom.

One of the Peridots came over, She had very light lime green hair in a bun as well as a light green uniform with a blue diamond symbol. "That would be me, what does our Diamond require?" asked Peridot 124. "She wishes to know the progress of the project." said Tom.