Extraction Team

It's been a month since Tom took care of those Rubies and no one has heard from them since. Tom just hopes that they were shattered down in the garbage, but even if they were, they'd never know it was the Pearl who did it.

He was waiting once again in Blue Diamond's throne room, waiting for her to get back from whatever she does. Tom was bored, nothing big was happening and he was bored.

Edd was doing great with training thanks to Matt and Tord, it made the Pearl happy that the Shard was becoming a true soldier. He sighed at the thought of the Topaz soldier Tord, the gem was stalking him, watching his every move. 'What is with him?' thought Tom.

He was brought back from his thoughts as Blue Diamond appeared. "Pearl." said the diamond. "Yes, what is it?" asked Tom. "Another battle has been fought on Earth, and some soldiers have been poofed and shattered, Pink Diamond has asked for an extra hand with extracting those shards and gems off the planet." said Blue Diamond.

"Of course, but most of your squads are on Earth." said Tom. "Do we have any others here?" asked Blue Diamond. "Negative, the ones that are here are ether on a mission of their own, or are already waiting to head to Earth for the shard extraction." explained Tom.

Blue Diamond is silent a moment as Tom looks at a holopad. "My Diamond, perhaps a new team should be formed, we do have three gems that aren't on any teams." said Tom. "Very well, who are they?" asked Blue Diamond. "The Amythest Matt, Shard Edd, and of course your best soldier; the Topaz Tord." said Tom.

"I see, inform Tord of his new duty and get them here." said Blue Diamond. Tom bowed and left the room. He knew where Edd and Matt were, but Tord could be...

Tom stops as an idea hit to where the soldier was. "Tord, I know your stalking me right now, come out, I need you." said Tom. It was silent as he heard nothing, perhaps he was wrong?

Just then, he was grabbed and lifted up. Tom flinched as he was now laying in the arms of Tord, who looked very smug. "How did you know I was following you?" asked Tord. "You've been stalking me for the past month, of course I knew!" spat Tom.

He shifted in the Topaz's arms to glare. "Put me down." demanded Tom. "No, now what did you need?" asked Tord. "Ugh, Blue Diamond wishes to see you in her throne room, she's making you leader of a small team." said Tom.

Tord was silent as his eyes lite up. "Seriously, it's about time." said Tord. The Pearl shook his head to look at him. "Ya, now put me down, I have to get Edd and Matt too." said Tom.

Tord was silent when he starts walking down the hall. "Put me down, Tord!" yelled Tom. "No, we're going to see Edd and Matt, till we reach the arena, I'm keeping you." said Tord. Tom was pissed but also blushing, damn this arrogant gem!

Seeing as he wasn't getting released anytime soon, Tom settled down, letting Tord carry him. "So, what does Blue Diamond need a new team for?" asked Tord. "She'll tell you, my orders are just to get you three to her." sighed Tom.

Tord looked at him to frown a bit. "Your just her errand Pearl?" asked Tord. "I guess, I just do what she tells me and hope she doesn't get angry, like all Diamonds, they demand perfection, if not, I get in trouble." said Tom. "Really, you seem perfect to me." said Tord.

Tord blushed as did Tom, who's eyes also widened greatly. "What?" asked Tom. "Uh nothing, forget I said that." said Tord, looking away. That didn't help as Tord's cheeks were still a deeper color. 'Why did I open my damn mouth.' thought Tord.

Tom just stared at him when he saw the door for the arena. "We're here, you can put me down now." said Tom. Tord slowed a bit, but again did not put the Pearl down. "Dammit Tord, put me down now or I WILL hurt you." snapped Tom.