Chapter 2: How it all happened part 1

Chapter 2 of my first fan fiction! Yay! I hope you enjoy! This chapter will be dedicated to my friend bluecat_72
--------------------------------------------------------
-Flashback-
-Lucy's POV-
      "Hey Luce, want to go on a job?"
I turned to see his bright, big grin that I loved. I smiled at him.
"Sure, let's go pick one out." I replied.
We headed over to the request board and then Erza, Gray, Wendy, Happy, and Carla came over.
"Picking a job for us, eh Flamebrain?" Gray asked.
"What was that Icefreak?!" Natsu yelled back.
"ENOUGH!!" Erza yelled hitting them both on the head.
"Why don't you two pick something?" She asked me and Wendy.
"Here this seems simple enough but will pay enough for each of us." Wendy said.
HELP
There are monster invading
our water that we use for
our whole town!
REWARD
600,000J
"Yeah let's do that, that way Natsu can still get some fighting in." I stated bluntly knowing how much he loved to fight.
-Time skip 1 hour-
-Natsu's POV-
      We boarded the train and as soon as it started moving me and Wendy were both green.
"Here Nastu, come lay on my lap." Lucy told me.
As I lied down Lucy started ruffling with my hair which she didn't know but it had a major calming effect on me. Little did she know that I liked to do little things to her that would make her blush but whenever someone asked me about it I would shrug it off saying I didn't know why she was like that. That's why everyone thought I was really dense I even heard Lucy taking to Mira about it before but never brought it up with Lucy. Even though I've loved Lucy for a while, pretty much since the Phantom Lord incident, I've  always been too nervous to tell her. That's one of the reasons I always sneak into her apartment all the time.
"Natsu.................NATSU!!!!" Erza yelled.
"Huh?!" I said dazily
"You actually fell asleep on a train for once, that never happens I was worried!!" Lucy exclaimed.
"She looovvvvvvvvves him!" Happy rolled his tongue as he said it.
"I DO NOT!" Lucy screamed at him.
"But why not?" I asked casually.
"Ehhhhh?!" Lucy squeaked out, surprised, blushing furiously all the while. 'She looks so cute.' I thought
"I love you as nakama, Lucy. Don't you love me too?" I asked Lucy.
I thought in my mind 'Dang it, Natsu you almost did it but of course had to back down again pretending to be as dense as ever.'
"Of course I love as nakama, Natsu." Lucy replied sweetly and smiled.
      'How I loved that smile.'
-narrator-
Little did he know that precious smile full of emotion would soon be empty and he wouldn't be there to bring it back.
--------------------------------------------------------
So the flashback was originally going to be too long for me to focus on it as one chapter so I'm splitting it into parts so you'll just have to wait to see what happens. Let me know what you think in the comments! ^-^
Bye~
-Angel