Complications

Attention Readers! This work is in the process of being re-written so that it makes more sense. Characters and scenes have been edited so please bare with me as I switch things over.
Dylan= Tyler Lockwood
Nate= Luke Parker
Story is set in the dorms of Whitmore College.

 Beepbeepbeepbeep My alarm bleats eagerly at me. I roll onto my stomach, my hand searching for the phone. I find it easily enough and slap the screen, ending the obnoxious noise.
I feel disoriented even though it was only a short nap. Blearly blinking my eyes open I stumble off the bed and tug on my boots. I quickly comb my fingers through my hair as I hurry through the hall way and out the front door. I'm off the side walk when I hear the door squeak open from behind me.
     "(N)? Where ya going?" Nate jumps from the doorway and runs to me eagerly. "Can I come?" I turn around and stop him, my hands on his shoulders.
     "Not this time, Nate." I see his frown and automatically feel guilty. "But, what about tomorrow? We could go get some ice cream?" He instantly brightens.
     "Yeah! And then we could go to the park because it's only like ten feet and if you wanted to we could swing on the swings, Okay? Can we do that? Please?" The kid is practically jumping out of his skin from excitement and I smile.
     "Sure,Nate. That sounds like it will be fun." I tousle his hair. 
     "Awesome!" He hugs me, his tiny arms wrapping around me. "I'm gonna go tell Dylan so he can come too!" Before I can stop the kid he's inside. I bite my lip. This should be interesting.
With I sigh I keep walking the short distance to the lake, my eyes scanning  along and stopping once they find Kai. He's standing with his back to me at the waters edge. I start to get nervous as I approach, clearing my throat along the way so as not to startle him. He turns to me and I see that he's flipping over and over a small dark vial in his hands.
     "Uh, hey. " I stop a few feet away from him as he eyes me up and down.
     "Hey, I have something for you."
    "You told me to come all the way to the lake to give me something?" He can hear the question in my voice and rolls his eyes.
     "I wanted us to get out of the house. Here." He holds the vial out to me and I take it. I open my mouth to ask what it is but he beats me to it. "Vampire blood. It will heal your neck up." He gently pushes the scarf away and touches my neck.
     "Oh.... Well thank you. Do I...drink it?" He nods and I grimace.
     "It's not too bad, just do it fast. " I let out a breath and screw the cap off, tilting the hole vial into my mouth and swallow it back.
      "Ugh." I wipe my hand across my mouth, wincing. "That was gross." He chuckles.
     "You'll get used to it."
     "So I'm going to be drinking it often?"
     "Just every few days to make sure you're not bruising from any...interactions that we have." He winks and moves my scarf aside, stepping closer to me. His close proximity to me makes my body react. My heart pumps faster, my breathing becomes shallow, my skin tingles. His eyes are on mine as he moves closer and closer. I hold my ground, meeting his gaze even as it starts to blur from his closeness. I can feel his breath, warm on my lips. His hands spread against my lower back and pull me tight against him. I can feel the heat rolling off of him in waves. I feel every movement of his body against mine.
     "Kai," I mumble, slightly breathless. "People can see." He bends and kisses my jaw next to my ear.
      "Actually, they can't. We're cloaked." He pushes me back against a tree and kisses me roughly. I make a noise of surprise as he presses me tightly back.  I break for air and he kisses my neck.
     "Kai." I nudge him lightly but he keeps kissing. "Kai." I push his chest hard. "I am not having sex with you against a tree." He frowns, clearly disappointed.
     "Awe. Well I suppose we can keep it in the house. " He grabs my hand. "Come on let's get back." I let him lead me back up the street to the house; his hand is wrapped tightly around mine.
     My emotions are a mess; spiraling around. Worry, doubt, excitement. Kai is unusually quiet; not making any sarcastic remarks or small talk. I glance over at him to find him looking at me. I avert my eyes quickly and let out a relieved breath as we reach the house, letting go of his hand to open the door.                                                                                                                           "You know I could have gotten that."                                                                           "Oh, uh, sorry?" I shrug off my jacket and scarf as its overly hot in the house, instantly pushing my sleeves up. I turn to face him, chewing my lip. "So, what now?"                                         "What do you mean?" He pulls out his phone, unlocking it and being clearly invested in whatever is on it.                                                                                                                                                                "Do I have to stay around you or ca-"                                                                           "Snapchat has new filters; come here." He turns and ducks down to my level so our faces are next to each others. I roll my eyes and shove him away.                                                            "Oh my God." I shake my head and start walking away.                                    "And you haven't added me back yet!" He calls after me. I roll my eyes and round the corner, heading straight into Dylan who puts a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet. He motions for me to follow him. I hesitate and he ducks down to whisper in my ear.                                   "Nate told me what happened. I wanna talk." My eyes widen and I nod as I follow him, glancing over my shoulder to make sure Kai isn't there. We go up the stairs to my room, and I close the door tightly behind us. He starts immediately. "I'm sorry for being such an ass. I didn't realize-"                                                                                 "I know. And I'm sorry too. I just...He was going to kill him. I didn't think it was going to work but I had to try." He nods.                                                                                                                                 "It's okay. Well, not really but I understand. I don't understand why he's after the kid, though." I shake my head, run a hand through my hair.                                                                             "I don't know. I still haven't figured it out. He's just..." My voice drops to a whisper and I look away. "He's just evil." Dylan rubs my arm.                                                                                                "We can kill him." I jerk back.                                                                                  "What?! No! We can't. If we try anything it's over. We're all dead."          "We'll make a plan. Fail proof. We can figure this out." I sit down sighing.                                                  "There's no way, Dylan. He's too powerful. Are you really willing to risk it?"            
    "Are you really willing to be his sex slave?" I flush, standing and walking to the window away from him.                                                                                                                                                           "It's not like that."                                                                                                              "Then what's it like?"                                                                                                       "I...I'm not going to talk to you about this. Everyone is safe and I'm not being hurt." He's quiet for a long moment.                                                                                                                               "You're supposed to be with me, (n)." I hear the hurt in his voice. "Not him. We need to kill him. This sick  arrangement, isn't right. You can get out of it." I shake my head once again. "Let's just try? We can take the time. I don't want you with him, and I know you don't want this. He's basically raping you!"                                                                                                                         "I said yes." And I can't deny my attraction to him. Not now.                                                                              "Because you had to! What? Did he already screw your brains out?" I jerk around, glaring.               
    "Hey." My voice is filled with warning and he puts his hands up in surrender.                                            "I'm sorry. That was uncalled for. It just doesn't seem like you're even trying." 
             "Because there isn't a point. It's too risky and...and I'm sorry but, I'm okay."                                           "Oh...well. If it's fine than I guess it's whatever. " He turns away and walks out clearly upset and hurting. I start to follow, but stop. It's pointless. I didn't want to hurt him but there's nothing I can do. I sit back down and rub my temples. I fidget there for a while before getting up once again, turning the lights on and sprawling on my stomach with one of my favourite novels. I flip through to one of my favorite parts and let myself get absorbed in it. It's not long before my eyes start to droop and I rest my forehead on the open pages of the book, letting my eyes drift shut, just for a moment...