Decisions

Attention Readers! This work is in the process of being re-written so that it makes more sense. Characters and scenes have been edited so please bare with me as I switch things over.
Dylan= Tyler Lockwood
Nate= Luke Parker
Story is set in the dorms of Whitmore College.

So, those who have been following this story know that I'm clearly trash at updating. And some of my writing, quite a bit of it, is pretty flat. I'm stumbly and I know where I want to go but don't know how to get there with the story. So I'll keep working on it. Thank you for following and reading my story and I promise I'm trying to be better at the updates. You guys deserve it. <3

Reader's P.O.V

"Oh, man..." Kai shakes his head smiling up at the ceiling. "Oh, maaaaaaan," I smile to myself and shake my head, standing to brush the dirt off my pants.

"Alright, Kai. It's that time." His moves his head back to look at me, a stupid grin on his face.

"What time?" Despite the smile his voice is annoyed; he knows I'm going to kill his buzz.

"It's time to go back inside. They'll be wondering where I went." I start to walk out and hear him lurch to his feet.

"Wait!" I pause. "So, before you go back you should know I threatened Dalin."

"Dylan. His name is Dylan." I roll my eyes. "You're always threatening Dylan. You're always threatening everyone. " I continue walking and he keeps up.

"Point is he might still be upset." I'm closer to the house when Dylan comes running out.

"Y/N! He tried to kill us!"

"I didn't!" I walk faster to catch up to Dylan.
"What do you mean? What happened?"
"He tried to burn the house down!" His skin is red and I can smell the smoke on him. I turn.
"Seriously, Kai! There's kids in there! You said-" Kai holds his hand up as if to quiet a dog and my face heats immediately, hands curling into fists.
"Whoa, listen; he's exaggerating! It was just the entry way carpret and there was a fire extinguisher in view...He threatened me." His face holds a surprised expression at my anger and his hands go up as if to defend off my heat. I look away, taking a breath, remembering who he is and how he could snap at me. I turn back to him with a plastered smile.
"Look, I need to talk to Dylan and sort this out so things don't escalate anymore. Would you please wait for me in my or your room?" He looks thrown off even more and eyes me like I'm an exotic bird.
"Sure. Just let him know that I have no second thoughts to ending his life. He's as insignificant as a weed in the sidewalk." I grit my teeth and bite my tongue back again.
"Fine." Dylan is back in my space immediately.
"Just like that? That's it?!"
"This isn't working," I mumble to myself, biting a nail and ignoring him.
"Well?" He sighs, frustrated. "Its not even about us anymore. These kids are in danger. You're in danger. We're all are." My heart hurts at the idea, but I know what I have to do. I turn to face him.
"I know. So, we're going to go someowhere else." He looks dumbfounded.
"Hiding? I mean he's a witch or whatever so can't he like-" he pauses at me shaking my head. "Oh, you mean to...oh...." I'm suprised by the calm sadness radiating off him.
"I think its going to be for the best."
"He could kill you."
"I know he could." He frowns at me . "I'll remind you that-"
"It isn't up to me, I know. I just think there could be a better way."
"There could be but not without putting our loved ones in danger. This is the best option to keep everyone safe." He nods.
"I can't change your mind about any of it, can I?"
"No. We'll go tonight. Can you just....tell Nate that I'll be back to see him sometimes?"
"I can do that. Where are you going to go?"
" Not sure. I'll make a game plan the farther away we get."
"Let me know?" I press my lips together.
"Maybe. I'm going to go talk to Kai now. Hopefully he's okay with the idea."
"And if he's not?"
"I'll convince him."

Upstairs, I tap lightly on Kai's door.
"Come in," he calls. I slip inside, closing it behind me.
"Hey. So I wanted to talk."
"Obviously," the snark in his voice instantly irritates me and I stiffen, staying by the door.
"You-"
"You're pretty intimidating when you're upset. I was honestly surprised." He cuts me off.
"Getting interrupted upsets me," I glare at him.
"Oh. Sorry. Point taken. Whats up?" He sits up fully on the bed, scooting to the end to get a better look at me.
"I....I don't feel like I can trust you to not hurt my loved ones." His expression is slightly offended.
"We made an agreement didn't we? I'll follow through." I nod.
"Okay, thank you for the reassurance." We stare at each other.
"You're not finished." I bite my lip.
"No. I want to leave. Go somewhere else away from here, just you and me." Surprise is written on his face before turning into a wide smile.
"Really? Where?"
"I'm not totally sure yet but I know we can figure something out." He gets up off the bed and approaches, taking my hands gently in his.
"No ones ever wanted to go anywhere with me before." He kisses my cheek. I'm caught off guard again by his sweetness.
"I think it'll be really good." He smiles, an odd look on his face as he leans down to kiss me. I let the mokent linger before nudging him away. I'm going to pack. Meet you by the truck in 2 hours? He nods. I slip back out of the room, the replay of his genuine smile flashing through my mind.
I don't know who this gentle Kai is when he's with me, but I know I want to see more of it.