~7~

I shut off the alarm that was beeping at 5:30 the next morning. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I looked longingly at my pillow. Maybe I could get 5 more minutes in-

No. I shook my head. I knew I would fall asleep and sleep till noon if I allowed myself "5 more minutes". I got out of bed and went to my closet. I grabbed a pair of comfy jeans, a white t-shirt that had TCA in maroon on the front, and my new team jacket. The maroon fabric felt warm in my hand, and I slipped it on. I pulled on my Middleburg boots, and was out the door.

In the barn I mixed feed together quietly while the other girls were all freaking out.

"Where are my bell boots?!"

"I've lost my choker!"

"Where is my show saddle pad?!"

Chaos had taken over the stable, and Mrs. Banks was working her behind off to get everyone ready and to help people out. I was just mixing my grain, and doing my thing.

Leo, feeding off of the excitement, was high strung this morning, and wanted to be apart of all the chaos.

"We will not be in this show buddy, but I know we'll ride in the next one," I said as I hung his red bucket up in his stall. It was good enough for him, and he dug into his grain.

I grabbed a dandy brush and swept dirt off of his bay coat. He enjoyed himself as I groomed him. He loves it.

I threw the brushes into his tack box, then led him out to his pasture. He was very disappointed when it was just him and Colonel, Brooke's horse out in the pasture. He missed his girlfriend, Luna.

"Oh, it's not the end of the world," I said, then marched back into the stable, searching for a pitchfork.

In near record time I had cleaned Leo's stall, and I checked the time. 6:10. If I hurried, I could grab some snacks from the cafeteria, and be back in time to get in one of the trucks.

I speed-walked to the caf and grabbed a to-go bag, then stepped up to the counter. I picked out 3 blueberry muffins, fruit cups, and yogurt. I grabbed napkins and spoons, then checked the time. It was 6:17!

I ran back to the barn, and I got there in good time. Good thing, because people were already loading their horses into the trailers. I saw Macy load Prancer, then hop in the truck. I went to that truck, and piled in next to her. Carly joined us, and finally, Brooke. The car was full, so we closed the doors and began to chat.

"Have either of you had anything to eat?" I asked Carly and Macy. Both shook their heads.

"Good, cause I grabbed a few things from the cafeteria," I said. I gave them each a muffin, fruit cup, and yogurt.

"Yum-thank you!!" Carly said, and Macy mumbled something that sounded like "Thank you," as she stuffed her muffin into her mouth. We all laughed, and then the car started, and we started driving out the gates of Timber Creek Academy.

***

30 minutes later, we arrived at the show grounds. It was so big! It took a bit of time to unload all of the horses and tie them to the trailer. Each rider was only riding in one class today, so the show should go pretty quick.

"What class are you showing in?" I asked Carly and Macy.

"Showjumping," Carly said as she led Fontaine around to calm him down.

"Dressage," Macy said as she stroked Prancer's shoulder. I nodded.

"You guys will do great," said Brooke. They smiled their thanks, then began to tack up.