~10~

It was my third week at TCA, and I finally felt like I was fitting in.  Things had somewhat settled down between me and the Clique, Leo and I were working our butts off everyday at practice, I had great friends, and school was hard, but manageable.  Right now, I'm packing a duffel bag for the long weekend that we had this week.  No school this Friday, or Monday!

At 9:00 Mom and Dad would be here to visit Leo and pick me up.  Right on time, our truck pulled through the iron gates, and I ran to the car with my duffel bag, and was engulfed in a bear hug from Mom and Dad.  It felt good to be with them.  I hadn't realized just how much I missed them.

"How are you sweetheart?" Mom asked.

"I'm good," I said. "Me and Leo are really fitting in here."

"Oh, I'm so glad to hear that," she replied.

"Let me take your bag," Dad said, and I handed him my stuff, and he threw it in the back seat of the pickup.

"Let's go visit Leo!" Mom said, and I grinned, then led them to the stable.

"Wow Sabrina, it's gorgeous," Dad said.  "How's Leo taking it?"

"He loves it here," I said, and we turned onto our select aisle, and there stood Leo.

"Hey boy! Did you miss us?" Mom asked as she opened his stall door and pet his face.  Dad followed her in, and patted his shoulder.  Leo sniffed both of them, and let out a big breath.

"I'll take that as a yes," Dad chuckled, and Leo nuzzled him.  Leo loves my dad!

"Look at him, he looks awesome!" Mom said as she ran her hands over his muscley legs and chest.

"Yeah, the practices have been tough, but they're really paying off," I said. "One day, we jumped a full 3 foot and higher course, and he was barely puffing!" I said.  We had trained over 3 foot and higher fences, but we never did full courses with them.  "I'm really excited about how we've been growing with our skills."

"Oh, I'm so glad," Mom grinned, then patted Leo's back. She flicked her eyes to her watch. "It's 9:30 -ready to get going?" she asked.

"Yeah, just let me say goodbye to Leo," I said.  I grabbed a treat real quick from the tack box, then allowed Leo to inhale it.

"Bye buddy, I'll see you on Monday.  I know the stable hands will take great care of you," I said, then kissed his muzzle.  He gave a throaty nicker, then took a sip out of his water bucket. "Good boy."

We left the stable, and piled in the car.  Mom and Dad were flooding me with questions about how school was, that the 2 hour car ride only felt like 20 minutes.

***

We got home, and I ran upstairs to my room, so glad that everything looked exactly like it did when I left.  I threw my bag on the floor, then flopped onto my bed. I snuggled into the familiar mattress, then sprung back up and looked at my Breyer models.  They were a tad dusty, but otherwise in good condition.  I went to my book case next, which had every Canterwood Crest book and Phantom Stallion book crammed into it.  Those were my 2 favorite horse series.  I also had numerous Saddle Club books, and old issues of Young Rider and Horse Illustrated.  I smiled at the light green walls, then went downstairs.

"What would you like to do first?" Mom asked.

"Well, I was hoping you could take me to Canter Hill?" I said.  It was my old stable where I had learned everything that I took to Timber Creek.

"Let's go! Did you let Cindy know you're coming?" she checked.

"Yep! I texted her on the car ride, asking her if I could come this weekend," I said, and she nodded, then grabbed her car keys.