Chapter 4

Akaashi made his way out of his classroom, getting ready to head to clubs. As he arrived at his designated Bokuto meet-up spot, he noticed he wasn't there. Bokuto wasn't the kind of person to be late, he was always there five minutes before Akaashi, eagerly awaiting his arrival. He groaned, pulling out his phone to text the funny haired boy.

To: Bokuto-san

Where are you?

Within seconds his phone buzzed back a reply.

From: Bokuto-san

I found this really pretty girl to set for me! She thinks I'm really cool! But I mean who doesn't?

Akaashi sighed making his way to the practice gymnasium. Opening the door, he heard an excited hoot and the pounding of a ball on the court. He stepped in, seeing most of the team there already, except for him.

"Akaashi!" He heard his extremely noisy friend call from the other side of the net. He looked to see who was setting to Bokuto, eyes landing on your figure.

Oh. Ohhh. You were the really pretty girl Bokuto was talking about. You must have caught a whiff of his boisterous personality and befriended him, just like every other person attracted to the ace's energetic being.

He ran over to him, his eyes gleaming in excitement. "Isn't she gorgeous! She said she's your neighbor! Why didn't you tell me? She thinks I'm amazing at volleyball."

"That you are Bokuto-san, " he replied, making his way to the team room. Akaashi wasn't sure what he felt, but one thing was for sure, he felt a sickening feeling in his stomach as he watched you interact with him.

When he walked back out, he saw you receiving balls from Bokuto, as he desperately tried to hit in every corner that you weren't, yet, you were still able to get them. He was impressed, you had incredibly fast reflexes, even the best teams couldn't tell where the ace was usually hitting it, or be strong enough to stop them. But here you were, reading and receiving each ball like it was nothing.

"Akaashi! Look how good (f/n) is at receiving my hits!" He hollered, Akaashi moving to his side of the net, prepared to set for him. "I see." He replied plainly. You crossed under the net, joining the two captains.

"He is an amazing spiker." You pitched in, playing with his overly large practice shirt he had given you the day before that hung loosely on your frame.

"Top 5 of the nation." Akaashi said, like it was nothing.

"Akaashi! Why do you always have to remind me that I'm number 4!" Bokuto whined, his shoulders sagging.

"Koutarou what are you worrying about? You're great! Ushijima is one of the top 3 aces in the country and he didn't even make it to Nationals!" You said complimenting him, to which he straightened his posture, a triumphant look on his face.

Oh. Great. You and Bokuto were already on a first name basis. It had only been half a day and you were already calling him by his first name, heck, he didn't even call him by his first name, and that was his best friend.

"Well, it was nice meeting the team-" You began, starting to edge your way out of the conversation .

"Don't go! Receive my spikes!" Bokuto begged you, hanging onto your much smaller frame.

"I don't think we'd mind having one of the top 3 liberos in the U.S teach the team a few tricks." You heard the coach speak from behind you, making you cringe. There it was, your national ranking, the thing you wanted to steer clear of.