Chapter 15

He stood in the kitchen, too stunned to move and his heart aching. He stared out his window, noticing you were still outside, except another car had joined the truck sitting in your driveway. He didn't recognize it all, nor did he recognize the two boys that stood outside your house with you. Both were tall, one had brown hair while the other had dark brown spiky hair, each tall with an athletic build. From what he could tell, Kuroo would have said both were extremely attractive.
You had your arms wrapped around the boy with chocolate hair, your head buried in his chest.
You let go before leading them inside your house. He then recognized the boy wearing glasses, the setter for Aoba Johsai, and the other boy dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt with a jacket pulled over it.​​​​​​ The light brown haired boy wiped away what Akaashi assumed were tears, the ones he had caused, before following you inside.
He watched, his heart being torn out of his chest. It was too late, he figured, before sliding down onto the ground, head tilted back, forcing his tears from falling.
Little did he know that they surprised you to help cheer you up from the funeral. Both Oikawa and Iwaizumi were extremely close with you, despite the distance from Miyagi to Tokyo. They were absolutely shocked to have found you crying, which you said was just the rain. Iwaizumi could tell you were faking a smile, so could Oikawa, so the boys spent the night, intent on making sure you were laughing and smiling. Oikawa offered his body as sacrifice to Iwaizumi to see you smile again, although he did not fancy the bruises he woke up with the next morning. But, he did enjoy the smile on your face as he woke up early to cook for both you and his abusive best friend.
Akaashi had no clue that you looked at them like older brothers, since you hadn't didn't visit Miyagi often or told him about them. He woke up that next morning with the worst stomach pain he had ever experienced. He barely slept for an hour, battling the weight of his emotions the whole night while the rain storm marched on. He wanted to go over and tell you everything, about how you were his whole world and he needed you, but he figured it was already too late.
​​​​​

After that night, you two slowly began drifting. You were slightly pulling away preparing for the worst. You just figured he was getting ready to break up with you, so you in turn spent more time with your other friends, trying to get used to not having him around, no mater how much that crushed you. You still talked to him, but he became distant, so you hardly spent time with him and Bokuto as much anymore, let alone text. You just blamed it on being "busy" all the time, although that hadn't made a difference before. You weren't really sure where your relationship stood.

You spent most of your time with your friends from Miyagi, courtesy of helping your grandmother with her garden and house almost everyday, although it was an excruciatingly long drive, you had time to yourself. Often, you would drive down and spent the night on weekends. The majority of your time you were with Oikawa, Iwaizumi, or your friends form Karasuno , Kiyoko and Yachi. But, you also hung out with your grandmother's neighbors a lot as well, Daichi and Suga, who acted in place of your parents once when you were in Miyagi. The past few years you hadn't been able to hang out with the Aoba Johsai boys as often as you would have liked because you would only visit your grandma during summer when you lived in America. But now, you became the ultimate trio, Storm included, hanging out basically every day.
You would drive down to her house while your partner in crime, Storm, sat shotgun, keeping you company for the freaking long drive you endured. With the help of Daichi and Suga, you would tend to your grandma's plants, before going to hang out with Oikawa and Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi loved you for being able to see through Oikawa's mask of perfectness and not swoon over him, while Oikawa loved how you accepted him for his non-perfect self, but hated how you egged Iwa on to beat up Oikawa when he was being annoying. Often, you three would usually go exploring around Miyagi, which you enjoyed since it was a break from the city scene.
Your grandma loved having you around, so she even offered you the empty bedroom in her house to move to Miyagi, so you wouldn't be alone. The Aoba Johsai's girls volleyball club even sent you a request to switch to their school on a scholarship, so you could be their libero. You even got invited to join Shiratorizawa and Karasuano's on a scholarship for their volleyball clubs. You met with all three coaches, not wanting to be rude and ignore their invitations.