Birthday Edition

This is a fast forward in the future which I had written for his bday but I forgot my password and just gotten into it today :/

Your husband was by far one of the most loving fathers to have ever walked the planet, especially since he was being woken up from his slumber by your two children, reminding him that he was yet another year older.

He rubbed his eyes sleepily, before wrapping his arms around his son and daughter, squeezing them with his might. They squealed in happiness, not only was Akaashi the greatest husband, but he also was the greatest father.

"Hey babe, the kids wanted to wake you up to tell you happy birthday before they leave for school." You said, a smile on your face as Akaashi sat up, your daughter wrapped around one of his arms and your son on the other.

"Don't remind me."

"What? At least you age nicely." You said, watching as he rolled his eyes, a smile on his lips as he beckoned you over.

"(f/n), when do you leave for work?" He asked, as you sat on the edge of your bed, taking your 6 year old daughter into your arms.

"In a few minutes, but I'll be home early today." You said, sliding off the bed while your gently put your daughter back on the floor.

"Come on guys, you're going to be late for school, remember Uncle Kou is taking you with his munchkins. Give daddy kisses." You stated, as each of the children hugged Akaashi before planting a kiss on his cheek.

You began to follow the kids out of the bedroom, before your husband quickly got out of bed, snatching you into an embrace. He wrapped his arms around your shoulders and your back pressed against his chest.

"Where's my birthday kiss?" Akaashi asked, his breath fanning over your neck, sending chills up your spine.

"That's not all I have in store for you birthday boy." You quickly replied, before turning around to plant a kiss on his lips.

"Ew! Mommy stop kissing daddy!" Your ten year old son called from the hallway, covering his sister's eyes in horror.

You laughed, before pulling away, making sure the kids had worked their way out of the hallway. Quickly, you leaned over, grabbing his butt before scurrying down the hallyway after your kids, sending your husband a wink.

"It's my birthday and I'm still getting harassed." Akaashi called after you in a taunting tone. It wasn't your fault your husband had a nice ass, if anything it was his fault for marrying you, he should have seen this coming.

You were completely utterly surprised once you got home from work at noon that day. One, your children were playing volleyball with Akaashi in the middle of the living room, couch pushed to the center to create a net of some sorts. Two, your children weren't at school like they should have been.

Once you walked in through the front door, you dodged a stray volleyball that hit the wall beside your head. Piercing (e/c) eyes landing on your husband, who stood on the other side of the couch net guiltily. The one thing most people didn't know about Akaashi as a dad, was that he could be a total mother or a total child. This time was one of those moments where he was acting as mature as your ten year old look alike Akaashi.

Usually, you would have asked what the kids were doing not at school, or why there was a volleyball sized dent in the wall. But, today was one of those rare times when your husband had the day off, especially since it was his birthday, and you by no means were going to interrupt the fun they were having.

"Who's team am I on?" You asked, dropping your stuff on the floor beside the door.

Akaashi's guilty look turned into a huge smile as you picked up the volleyball before handing it over to your daughter.

"Mommy! It's girls versus boys!" She squeaked, you reached to brush back her very messy hair, which she had inherited from your handsome husband.

You joined your daughter on the opposite end side of the couch from Akaashi, giving him an 'I'm watching you' look. He glared at you, before preparing for you daughter's precious hits that barely went over the back of the couch onto the boys side.

The game consisted of back and forth hits from the girls and boys side. Your husband and son were quite aggressive, much to your amusement as your daughter managed to save their hits every time. Both you and Akaashi were covered in carpet burns from consistently diving. Even your children had some scrapes on them as well. The game ended in a tie, with several dents in the walls and two shattered vases as a result.

Both of you hadn't even realized how much of a mess you had made, until Bokuto and his wife and two children showed up at your door, ready to celebrate with the birthday boy, or man as Bokuto liked to say. Akaashi opened the door, a small smile on his face as he tried to hide the destroyed room from the visitors, who were also your neighbors. You stood behind him, a nervous smile on your face as the children greeted their best friends, welcoming them into your home that was currently a wreck.

Of course, dinner was fun with the Bokuto family, like usual. Bokuto's wife even offered to have the children so you could have some alone time with your husband for his birthday. Which, you gladly accepted, sending your children with Bokuto as they headed to their home just a few houses away.

"So babe, what are we going to do about those dents in the wall? And broken vases?" You asked, cleaning up the dishes from dinner, while your husband worked on rearranging your living room back to normal.

"We can worry about it tomorrow." He said, with one final shove, the couch was back in place, while he worked his way to you at the sink.

"Did you have a good day?" You asked, turning around to walk to your handsome husband, who ran a hand through his disheveled hair.

"I did. But, one thing was missing." He said, eyes landing on your figure as you looked at him questioningly.

"Hm?" You asked, picking up his left hand to play with his ring on his finger,

"You didn't say happy birthday." He stated, looking down at you with a piercing gaze.

"I know. I figured if I didn't say it today, I could make it up to you, tonight." You raised an eyebrow, a smirk on your face as his turned into a ghost of a smile.
"But, you were one of the only people I wanted to hear it from."

"Well, I'll give you something to be happy about then. So, happy birthday Keiji, I love you, and I'm beyond grateful to spend another year with the most amazing man in the world." You wrapped your arms around his waist, as he pressed a kiss onto your forehead, which was his favorite.

"I love you (f/n)." Akaashi tilted your head up so you could lock gazes with each other, momentarily getting lost in the sea that your husband called his eyes.

"Now, where's my birthday gift?" He asked, a certain tone in his voice that only came out of hiding at night.

"It's currently waiting in your bedroom, eager for you to unwrap it." You said, a smile making it's way to your face as he slung you over his shoulder, trying to wiggle out of his grasp.

"I'll be sure to make sure all the wrapping is off then." Akaashi replied, a smirk on his face as he opened the bedroom door.