Precursor to Children I

Precursor to children 1 because I apparently already wrote this prior to the children 1 I had posted.

"Dad?" Your daughter asked, walking over to visit your husband, who was diligently working on a report for the university. He had long ago graduated for his 4 year degree, since both you and Akaashi were 29 at this point. But, his major required 8 years of schooling. He had taken a break when your son was born, wanting to spend more time with him. Your three, almost four year old daughter was the spitting image of him except she had your smile.

"Hm?" He asked, surprised to see his daughter up so late, or early, it was 1 o'clock in the morning.

"What are you doing up daddy? When aren't you sleeping with mommy?"

Akaashi sighed, running his hands through his still messy hair he didn't care to tame. "I have to write a report for university."

He had his current job, which made a comfy amount of income, university, marriage and his daughter and younger son to take care of. He was exhausted, thank goodness this was his final semester of his 8 year study.

"Oh, I was going to ask if you could come sleep with me, I couldn't sleep. But I want you to finish your report so you can sleep with mommy." She said, her blue eyes looking up adoringly at her father.

Akaashi chuckled, swooping his daughter up into his arms as he brought her to his chest, nuzzling her cheek.

"How about let's go make you a snack, and we'll see if that helps?" Akaashi asked, as your daughter koala bear wrapped herself around her father.

She nodded her head furiously, burying her face into Akaashi's strong chest.

Akaashi diligently went to work of making your daugther a peanut butter jelly sandwich, which she loved so much.

She gratefully began nibbling on it, as your husband sighed, he felt his eyes grow heavier as the minutes passed by. He had to write a 30 page paper, which should have been easy, but he prioritized the paper after his job, son, daughter and you of course. He had 10 pages left, but his body was crying for sleep.

He heard the footsteps of another person as you made your way to the kitchen, tucking your hair behind your ear.

"Keiji, I thought you would have been in bed already," you asked your husband, before pausing to look at your daughter," What are you doing up?" who guiltily looked up at you from her sandwich.

She gulped down another large bite, before replying, "I couldn't sleep. And I wanted daddy to sleep with me." She said, giving you big, blue, puppy dog eyes.

You sighed, looking at your husband. He had slight bags under his eyes, he looked so exhausted, you felt awful for him. You were working as well, but Akaashi had much more on his plate.

"Babe, I'll finish the rest of your paper, go to sleep."

Akaashi went to refuse, but you shot him a warning glare, to which he nodded his head.

"Thank you." He said sincerely, lifting your daughter, whose eyes began closing, into his arms as he made his way to your bedroom.

After about an hour later, you sent off his report, which you felt was fairly decent considering you didn't go to school for your husband's major. You closed down the laptop, before heading to bed. Delighted, you saw your husband dead asleep, with your daughter in his arm and son in his other arm protectively.

Akaashi was such a hard-working father and husband, you didn't mind staying up till an ungodly hour so he could get the rest he deserved.

Akaashi woke up to the surprising sight of seeing you and his son as well as daughter entangled in his arms the next morning. He could see the light filtering through the blind, crap, he should have been up for work already. He got up, trying not to disturb you and the sleeping children.

Akaashi rushed to look for his clothing, before hastily pulling on his collared button up shirt. He felt arms snark around his waist, as you laid your head against his back, you missed being able to do this with him every morning.

"(f/n)? I'm late for work."

"No you're not. I texted your boss, I asked if you could have a day to rest up, you'd be no good if you weren't working at your fullest potential. He willingly obliged, he gave you today and tomorrow to catch up on your schoolwork and I quote 'spend time with your family.' Are you good with that?" You asked, as you let go so he could turn to face you.

His expression turned into a smile, of course he was.

"How did I get so lucky to have you?" He asked, planting a kiss on your lips as a thank you.

"So I'll take that as a yes?" You slipped off his button up shirt for him, replacing it with a comfy t-shirt from his college volleyball days.

Akaashi placed a long kiss on your forehead, god, he thought he loved you as much as one possibly could when he first married you, little did he expect to love you even more, which shouldn't be humanly possibly.

"Of course. Let's get back to bed and get some sleep." Akaashi crawling into bed beside you, while your son now latched onto you was knocked out. Your husband encircled your body with his muscular arms also wrapped around your sleeping daughter, falling fast asleep once more.