Decisions Decisions

The week went by painfully slow, it's the routine over and over again. Wake up, survive school, get back home, do homework if I feel I really need to, and then go to sleep. I dreaded that everything was so repetitive. Ever since Monica moved to New York I haven't had a really close best friend that I could just show up to their house and hang out. I don't have soccer to occupy my weekends, so those tended to stretch as well. I have been thinking about robotics all week and I think I may take the offer.

"Morning Mom," I said walking down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Morning Honey, grab something to eat we're running late," she said as she headed to the car.

Ten minutes later I got to school. "Bye Mom, love you," I said as I closed the door.

I spotted my friends walking down the hall and I rushed towards them. "Hey guys," I said as I pushed myself between Christina and Peter and putting my arms around them. It's a thing I tend to do when I try to get into the conversation.

"Hey Joy," Peter replied.

"What are you doing this weekend," I asked both of them.

"Um...I have practice Saturday then I have a game Sunday. It sucks, I can never get a break." Christina ranted.

"I'm catching up on homework, there's lot that I haven't done. I wish we could get rewarded for most last minute work." He chuckled.

"So true!" Christina agreed.

The bell rang dismissing us to class, we walked our separate ways. I realized that I don't really have things to occupy my time, all my friends have practice and after school activities to attend. Ms. Lok did encourage me to be more engaged but joining robotics is such a big leap. I decided that when I get home I'll talk to Monica and get her input on this. The day went by quickly since it's Friday, and soon I found myself at home, FaceTiming Monica.

The phone beeped until Monica accepted the call. It was refreshing to see her and talk to her after such a long time. I felt like no matter how far away from each other we would still remain the best of friends.

"So what do you think I should do? Should I join robotics?"

"I think you should do what you want to do. Do you want to join?"

"I-I think so. I just want to find something to make me busy so I'm not just lounging around all the time," I answered reluctantly.

"Then join, just try it out. I think it'll be fun." She had a big contagious smile on her face that made me smile just as wide.

"Okay good luck with everything, keep me updated. Oh, and thank you for the advice. Love you, bye!" I waved at her and hung up.

I was content with the answer I got from her and I decided to join robotics so I could possibly get something greater out of it. At this moment I decided that I want to become something bigger because I was satisfied with my middle school years when I worked hard to become the best of the best. I'm going back to that and possibly even bigger and better.