Growth

Monday rolled around and I was never more excited to go to school. I could not wait to tell Ms. Lok that I would be able to join robotics. Although I was a little reluctant since I'm starting second semester when everyone knows what they're doing, but I figured I could ask Ms.Lok for help. I was going to wait until after class to tell her about my decision.

The day went by normally with excessive homework assigning, lectures and more lectures, but I was determined to get back up on my feet and make my mom was proud since she works so hard to keep me safe and happy. So I paid full attention during class, participated, and finished all the classwork assigned. I felt more back on track as the day went by. When it came time for English class, I was more interactive more than I already was since English is my favorite class. Class went by and the bell rang dismissing us. Everyone was eager to get out of the classroom, but I lingered behind to talk to Ms.Lok.

"Good afternoon Ms.Lok."

"Good afternoon. Made a decision?" she said calmly.

"Um...yes I decided that I would like to join robotics. I think it will be a good experience for me. Also, it will look good on college apps, right?" I chuckled.

"Yes, of course, and I'm so glad you accepted the offer. I know it may be challenging starting now, but don't worry all the upperclassmen will help you out with getting used to things around robotics."

"Okay thank you so much I was a little worried about that. Well...see you Wednesday." I said as I got up and waved.

"I have something for you." she hands me a packet with writing that looks completely foreign to me. "It's a coding and engineering 'cheat sheets'. Go through them and see what you prefer and that will be the section you'll mainly work in." I took the packet from her hand and huffed a bit at the amount of paper there is in the packet.

"Okay thank you, I'll see you Wednesday." I threw her a smile and walked out of the classroom. I saw my friends waving me over so I went to where they were sitting and took out my lunch.

"Where have you been? We haven't seen you and lunch is almost over." Clover asked. I roll my eyes at the question. She only hangs out with us two days a week, but is persistent in knowing everyone's business.

"Talking to Ms.Lok," I said plainly, not having the energy to sass her off. I just really wanted to get home and go over the packet so I can get ready for robotics.

The rest of the school day went by smoothly. When I got home I finished all my homework and started working on the much-anticipated packet. I found the terms very complicated, and by the time I was done skimming over the content I felt like my brain was going to explode. I could not figure out which was more complicated, engineering or coding were both equally as confusing, but since I've always loved hands-on activities I chose engineering, and that's what I told Ms.Lok the next day I saw her.

She said I would start as soon as we get back from winter break, and I couldn't wait to start a new chapter of my life.