Chapter Three

Before I start this chapter I want to thank all my reader for sharing my world. This is my first novel, and by reading my novel all of you are giving me the strength to write with more confidence. Love you all. Please leave comments and vote for me. It helps a lot.
Enjoy reading.

d

Five days later
In the Ujjangarh palace
Noon time

It was an unusually warm day for autumn. The sun was still high up in the sky. News had already reached that the guests had reached the city limits sometime ago and should be reaching the palace grounds soon. The whole royal family was waiting in the jade room.

A footman came running to the kitchens shortly and made directly for Adira. She was standing near the service tables with her back to him, busy getting the tea service ready. A lavish spread had been prepared in honour of the royal guest. The French chef had outdone himself today. There were all types of  delicate finger foods and deserts. All the food was being set on trays. People were running all over trying to get some work done. The silver tea set had been laid out in all its shining glory.
"Kumarisa" the footman huffed.
When he saw that no one had heard him, he said out louder.
"Kumarisa!!!!! Hukum ".
Adira hearing him this time turned.
"Yes, Ramu? What is it?"
"The guest has arrived, Kumarisa and Ranisa has asked for the tea to be served immediately."
Turning to the tall thin man man Shabhu, the head bearer standing next to her waiting patiently for her command. She said softly.
"Well!then Shambhu please take the tea to the Jade room."
"Hukum! Ranisa has asked for you to come and serve the tea."
"Me!!!!!"
"Ji! Yes Hukum. Ranisa clearly said that you are to come and serve the tea. She told me herself when she asked for the tea."
"Theek hai! Alright then! Chalo."
Turning around she motioned for all the concerned staff to follow her out of the kitchen with the laden trays.

Rani Charumitra had insisted that the guest be received in the formal drawing room, The Jade room, so called because the room had a fabulous collection of Jade arte facts in it, brought over some fifty years ago from China by one of the ancestors of the Rana. This was the most beautiful and opulent room in the whole palace, and the Ranisa did want to make an impression on the visitor. Ranaji formally known as Raja DigVijay Singh Chavad so Ranaji in short was sitting near the fire place since it was the most commanding place in the room, smoking a pipe that he would puff from every now and then in between the conversation that was going on. He was not much of a short talk person so the smoking made it easy to fill in the conversation gaps. Although that was not required since Ranisa was more than making up for it. He would not have even been here had Ranisa not insisted on his presence. He would have been in his study reading some new journal that he had recently discovered or be out riding his favourite stallion Chetak. He was an avid reader and a fabulous rider. He mentained a large stable. He was a handsome looking man, with strong features and a curly moustache. He was wearing a formal check suit that fit him to perfection.

The Ranisa along with Kumari Kamal Lata were sitting opposite to the Ranaji, near the window. The Ranisa was busy talking, trying to control the conversation, stirring it into whatever subject she thought suited best. She looked comfortable and confident in a yellow lightly embroidered saree. The Kumari KamalLata was in a leafy green silk salwar kameez with a green silk dupatta, and Jadau jewellery. She was a beautiful young girl just seventeen, with petite features and a delicate body structure. Almond shape eyes, high cheek and full lips. but that was it. The picture was quite pretty till she opened her mouth. For God seemed to have blessed her with beauty but in a hurry seemed to have forgotten to bestow the brains!!! She had a huge smile on her face as she looked on the handsome visage of their guest. Unable to take her adoring eyes off him.

The Kumar Anant Singh,the heir and and only son of the Ranaji, was sitting in between the Ranisa and Ranaji. He was an adorable ten year old. He was a sweet natured child but right now he looked more rebellious as he had been trussed up like a goose on display. The poor thing looked miserable. He would much rather be out playing then sitting here, but......