Chapter twenty four

Sorry for the late update. But something happened to my entire chapter and it got deleted. I hope I have done justice to it. Please do let me know how you like it.

Love was just a word
With no relevance
Unaware of where they led
I looked into your eyes
They drew me into an emotion
I could not name
our souls met and
Joined forever

I love the way our eyes
Speak of our love
I love the feel of you
When your body touches mine
I love the way your hair
Dances through my fingers
You are made for me
Gods gift so so true

Your love gives me strength
It lend me wings
Your lips breath fire
my parched body burns
Your touch reaches my soul
Bringing it back to life
You are my destiny
My hearts desire

I promise you my love
Hand in hand we will walk
Our journey just started
Every moment a discovery
Promises made to be kept
Memories to be cherished
A life to be lived together
A life to be loved with you

"Abhi!! You have to tell me where we are going!"
"Kumari Adira! For the hundredth time No! It's a surprise and I will tell you when we arrive."
"Ok!! So tell me when will we arrive there?" She pouted looking like an adorable young girl. The serious woman who never smiled was gone, in her place was a younger gregarious girl who laughed and smiled all the time. Who was learning to smile and make everyone around her smile too.
She felt like a child!! A pampered child!! The past few days the whole family had just pampered me and showered me with so much of love and care. I had truly felt like I was part of the family, indeed privileged to be part of such a family.
It was good that I was not allowed to move about for a few days, because now I realise how badly hurt I was just not physically but mentally too.
The trauma of being abducted and the fear I had under gone even for that short time had truly been harrowing.
But know it was all over and that was a relief. I still couldn't believe that Rani Charumitra hated me and my mother so much that she would go to such extreme measures. But her behaviour over the years had more than proven what all she was capable of. Adira realised that Rani Charumitra could not tolerate to see Adira happy and content. She couldn't be happy with what she had, no!! She only saw what all Adira had, and that was the route of all her problems. But she couldn't change, rather she didn't see anything wrong in herself, in her thought process. It saddened her that she had to lose one mother yeas ago and where she could have had another mother that too was not meant to be.  But now she had three of them loving and caring for her!!

But all that was over with. Now this time, these moments were ours, just Abhi and mine. And no one was going to interrupt them. Finally we were married, ready to spend a life together. Ready to make happy memories. What could not be changed had to be accepted, especially for her father, and brother.
We had been driving for some time now, I looked around, the freshness of nature was mesmerising. Feeling so at peace relaxed for the first time ever. It had been raining in the morning when we had departed from the palace. The rain had left everything looking so green and vibrant. The beauty of my surroundings kept me enthralled.

Abhi's humming drew me to him. He had a soft grin on his face, sometimes humming and sometimes whistling, he would every now and then take my right hand into his left one as he drove the car. Crossing his fingers with mine. Sometimes he would just hold it as he changed the gear. It was just the two of us in the car, he had sent the driver to the rear car, to sit with the guards. Pitaji had been adamant about the guards being with us at all time and after the last few days Abhi had agreed to his wishes. We had happily bid the family farewell and driven off for our honeymoon. Abhi had been unable to take a long break right now but he had promised me that as soon as he was able to, we will travel. He loved travelling and had already travelled the world over, and now he said he wanted to show me his favourite places, starting with where we were going today.