Chapter twenty /make me yours

Finally he entered his room late in the night. The rituals had gone on and on even after they were married. God! He was exhausted from all the offerings they had to make as a couple. But thank God!!!! it was all over now, and he could spend some time alone with Adira. Walking through his personal sitting room he entered his bedroom. His bed with barely visible because of the flowers hanging from it. The whole room looked like a green house, clad top to bottom with flowers. Where was his bride in all this decoration. Looking around he saw her reclining on a chaise in one corner of the room. She was still in her wedding clothes. She must be so uncomfortable. Removing the neckpiece that he was wearing, he laid it on a table that was standing next to the chaise. Opening a few of the button of the sherwani, he walked over to a small table that was standing to one side of the room. He picked up a jug and pouring some water in it he took a few sips to wet his dry parched throat. Hmmmm..... that felt good. Turning around he walked over to his new sleeping bride, the glass still in his hand. He took some more sips.
"Adira!!" He spoke up gently. Putting the glass down, on the small coffee table standing next to the chaise.
She did not respond. Disappointed that she would fall asleep on this special night, he picked her up slowly planning to put her to bed. Maybe in the morning. Walking towards the bed he looked down at her to see two big eyes looking at him.
"Hello !! Mrs Abhimanyu Singh Rathore."
"Hey!! Mr Adira Singh Rathore."
"Mr Adira!!!!"
"Why not !! Do you object!!"
"Actually I kind of like it. No I think I love it."
They both burst out laughing.
"So Mrs Abhimanyu Singh, you know we are twice married now and tonight is our second wedding night. Quite a couple aren't we? "
"Ahhmmm...... third."
"Third?!! What?"
"Third time married. "
"Huh!... how?"
"Well!! First time that night in the desert, I took you for my husband in my heart and gave myself to you. I did not come to you lightly that night Abhi. I knew it was only ever going to be you. My love for you was so deep. Then that night after we wed in the mandir* and then tonight." She looked up at him her eyes wide, a fire brightening them.
"So aren't we lucky three times we have said our vows in as almost as many months.. how many people can say this for themselves.  Huh.... I know what.... Let make a promise to each other. Let's renew our vows same time next year."
He smiled pleased with his idea. His eyebrows raised as if in question.
"I don't know if you are a glutton for punishment or just mad because for most people getting married once in a life time is more than enough, but here we are married thrice already and you wanting more."
Her laughter mesmerised him. He couldn't take his eyes of her. Her unaffected laughter affected him for sure. Her happiness made him happy. So happy.
"So is it a deal."
"Mr amazing husband, it is a deal." She smiled back glowing with love.
"I have a gift for you." He looked at her gently.
Saying so he put her down on the bed and then sitting down next to her he put his hand in his right side pocket and pulled out a small pouch. Picking up her right hand he put the pouch in her palm.
"Will you open it for me?"
Shyly she pulled the string apart and upturned it. A small jewellery box fell out. She sat there looking hesitantly at it.
"Open it!"
He coaxed her. She slowly opened the box. Inside was a ring. A beautiful diamond solitaire. It was a simple ring with a large solitaire embedded into it.
"Abhi! It is beautiful....thank you."
She just sat there giving a sweet smile.
"And ..........you don't like it much. Huh"
"No!! No !! I do , it just I have never received a gift before so I don't know ...I mean....."
"Maybe a kiss will do the trick."
He looked at her slyly. She turned her eye up to look at him. He was looking at her with hungry eyes. He wanted her in his arms naked moaning with pleasure. She turned her face up to his. Her eyes closed.
"Open your eyes. "
She did looking at him with a deep stare. Both were breathing deeply now. He cupped her face gently with both his palms and brought his lips down to hers. It was like coming home.
Opening his mouth he took her lower lips in between his. Sucking them, enjoying the taste of them. He rubbed his tongue on her lips, then pushing her lips more apart he stuck his tongue into her mouth. Paring with her tongue. Loving the warm honeyed depth. Pulling out his tongue he moved his lips away from her lips to rubbing them on her jaws her chin biting her chin gently. Her sharp intake of breath was increasing his hunger. She was still new to love making and he did not want to startle her tonight of all nights. Gently he removed her veil. It was heavily pinned down. Then he unscrewed her heavy earrings. Licking her red lobes. Rubbing his lips on the side of her neck. There was a long way to go. She was like a gift which he would get to unwrap tonight and he was in no hurry.
He unhooked the neck piece, with her help put it away on the bedside table. Removing the bangles and rings he literally let them fall on to the floor. By the time he finished removing her remaining jewellery he could wait no more. Opening her blouse his palm cupped on to her firm softness, as his lips latched on to her. Her finger were combing his hair, holding on to them. Their breaths were merging into one another. He could feel Adira's hands trying to remove her blouse. He got up and removed his sherwani wanting to free himself too. Making short work of all his finery, he helped her with her till they were as  god meant them to be. He took her in his arms and kissed her. In the softness of the candle lights and the erotic fragrance of the flowers he made her his. His wife in name and deed. As she was meant to be.