Twenty one/ Everything gone wrong

"Stop!! Stop this right now!!"
It was a shout filled with a crazy anger. The yelling was loud enough to stop everyone from what they were doing and turn to look at the source of the interruption. There was a sudden quite in the hall. Absolute silence. Everyone was looking around, perplexed , unsure of what was happening.
"Stop this ceremony right now!!"
She yelled again. Her anger totally out of control, her eyes seething, an ugly scowl on her face. Rani Charumitra k ew she had everyone's attention. Just what she was seeking, this was the perfect time to get back at Adira.
Now all eyes were on her. Everyone had puzzled looks, wondering why she would start yelling out of the blue just like that. Women and that too such high ranking ones did not behave like this.
Stomping in anger Rani Charumitra walked up to the bridal couple. Her arms straight and her hands clutched into tightfisted. Her whole body radiating the anger that she was feeling. She was not going to let this good for nothing get away with this atrocity.
"You ungrateful girl! What have you done?"
Looking up she yelled knowing the crowd was with her and she had everyone's attention.
Adira stood up in fear not knowing how to react. This could not be happening. This morning when she had woken up in Abhi's arms she had felt at the top of the world. All that she had never even dared to dream had come true. Not only was she in love but she was also now married to him. And now seeing Rani Charumitra it was like crashing down to earth.
Abhi immidiately got up and stood in between Adira the the deranged woman.
"This here! This marriage is a farce. This woman is a widow. She has duped the royal family into marrying their son. "
She looked around wanting to see the reaction that her word were getting. She had the attention that she was seeking. Every person in the hall was looking at her with horrified looks on their faces now.
"Yes!! This girl has gone and ruined both the families names. Oh!! After all the love and care we have bestowed on her, this is the way she repays us. Adira! My child!! Where did we go wrong. Did you not think of us when you did such a dastardly thing."
Not letting go of the theatrics which was keeping her audience engulfed. She kept the pretence of an enraged helpless mother. She even had tears rolling down her cheek. Well done!! Charumitra. Just keep it going!!
Adira was standing there helpless shivering with fear till Abhi put his hands in to hers. She looked up at him. There was so much love in them , such understanding that she could slowly feel the fear abating.
Now there was a din in the hall. People were looking at the bridal couple and talking. Some were starting to look angry.
"You ran away from home, a loving caring home, for what? A home that sheltered you to go and coerce a young man meant for your sister. A younger sister who has loved you unconditionally. How could you manipulate such a sweet young man like this. He was so in love with your sister. You devil girl what did you do. Oh!! My God !! I just can't believe that a child that I have raised would go and do this dastardly deed. Oh god!! Where did I go wrong!! She has ruined the name of the Rathore family and the Chavad family. The family name is ruined for ever now."
She was now sobbing to give the perfect look of a deeply grieved mother.

Her theatric had managed to do all the damage it needed to. She had the crowd exactly where she wanted them. There were looking extremely angry now. There were loud shouts. She was gearing up for the next act when suddenly before anyone could realise what started it or who, the crowd got violent and they had moved towards Adira. Pushing away everyone in the way they reached Adira. Pulling her away from Abhimanyu, they dragged her away. The situation was totally out of control.

Adira had a horrified look on her face. There was fear in her eyes seeing Rani Charumitra walking up to her. This could not be happening. Her worst fears were coming true. She should have known that her father could not handle Ranisa.
Every step Ranisa took brought her closer and closer to her. She could feel a deep fear engulfing her, holding her tightly in its clutches. Her body refused to move and her mind kept telling her to run, to flee from here. She could feel herself trembling.... a.. a.. All eyes were on her. Everyone was looking at her with accusing stares. Even the known faces felt like strangers.
Then she started wailing, telling all lies, crying and sobbing. She seemed so real that even Adira felt as though she really was the person that Rani Charumitra was discribing.
One minute she was standing frozen with fear, the next she was being pulled away from Abhimanyu's side. She could hear a shriek coming out of her mouth as she was jerked around, mishandled. She could feel the tears rolling down her face. Terror like never before taking hold of her. Just when she had been the happiest the worst moment of her life had come too. Would she ever see Abhi again. She felt herself fall as someone pushed her hard. The hands that were holding her were still pulling her.. she was now being dragged out they had almost reached the drive way. The sun  was hurting in its intensity. The world was starting to whirl. Before she knew it she lost all consciousness.