Epilouge/ at long last home

Chalo Gobind!!!!
Saying so I entered the car and sat back into the comfortable leather seat. Gobind was standing holding the door open for me. At my request he nodded in acknowledgment and after shutting my door he opened the front door and got in the front seat, next to the driver. The car started, leaving the fort compound and was shortly racing through the winding mountain roads. There was a light drizzle, washing all the dust from the foliage and greenery around. I looked around at the beautiful landscape,  it was so familiar and yet so different. I could never get enough of it. Even after so many years it held as much freshness and a newness as it had held that first day when I had come here with Abhi. It still managed to enthrall me. Adjusting my pallu of my saree on my head, I pushed back the a black pair of sunglasses sitting on the bridge of my nose. The car was open from the top and with wind blowing I would surely be a mess by the time I would reach home and I would not like Abhi to see me so after so many days.

Gobind had become like my shadow. Both he and Abhi refused to leave me with anyone else. They simply did not entrust my security to anyone else. The cool air blowing past my scarf as the car drove through the fort gates. Turning back one last time to bid adieu till next year to the other place I called home. But now I was ready to go home.... to my family.....

Happiness is a state of the mind and I was the happiest when with Abhi and the children. Driving away from Balavgarh I turned back one last time to bid adieu to the old wonderful place which I also called home. Just the name was enough to bring a warm smile onto my face. It held too many memories... beautiful memories.....specially the memory of that first night that Abhi and I spent up on the tower admits the clouds. Late in the night, when the candles had also burnt themselves out, we had just lain there on the bed naked in each other's arms, cocooned by clouds, in a magical world. I had barely felt the cold, Abhi body warmth more than enough for me. I had not wanted to leave there ever.... The happiness so surreal ... content the way I was...  We had spent many more nights there after that first one but, the first had been magical!!! and now.... ten years had passed since then....... ten years, with two children and lots and lots of memories. Life had been difficult at first. People opposed to our marriage had made it difficult, but our marriage had withstood it all. It had been difficult to adjust to the adversities but, in myself I had found the strength to withstand them all. The bond of love that much more stronger because of it. Time had healed all wounds. Our marriage was perfect because of its many imperfections.

As my car drove through the palace gates, I looked with pride at the estate I called home. The car stopped, and Gobind held the door open for me.
"Dhanyawaad Gobind! Thank you, Gobind!"
Getting out of the car I entered the central lobby, looking for some of the staff, Aahhh......
Ramnath..... one of the old retainers was coming towards me.....
"Hukum!khamma ghani!" He bent in respect.
"Khamma ghani! Ramnath! Where is everyone?"
"Everyone is in the Gulaab Bagh!! The rose garden!!"
Thank you! Ramnath !! Please send someone there with some tea and sandwiches for me.."
Saying so I turned toward the corridor leading to the garden outside Dadisa's room's, where everyone was.
I took the last turn there everyone was sitting in the garden. I just stood there quietly looking at Abhi and my two children. Aryan.. my eldest son, nine years old now, conceived that night in the watchtower. He looked exactly like Abhi. Right now he was standing next to Dadisa imitating his father. Dadisa was looking so content and happy. She did!! She rarely left the palace now. She was ageing, her mind still very sharp but her body too weak. She loved having the children over, and they loved the pampering.
Her arms wrapped around her father's neck, sitting in her father's arms was his darling daughter, Kushi! Just eight, she was never far from her father. She had a small teddy that she always carried with her where ever she went. It was her favourite toy given by her darling father. They were inseparable. She was Abhi' weakness.

The palace was so empty with Pitaji on a business trip, Damini Bhabhisa and Kumar SuryaUday bhaisa were on a well deserved holiday, their children in boarding school. Chatralsal bhaisa lived with his family in Bombay. We all got together in the summer break for a family holiday but Abhi and I came in the monsoon break too to be with Dadisa and Maasa. Since we were so close we came as often as we could to Kishangarh from Delhi.
But coming back here always felt like coming back home. Although nothing compared to being with Abhi and the children.
With them they were my anchor.....
And looking at them finally I was home.

-------------------------------------------------------

This is a special thank you for all my readers.
It has been a revelation writing this book. And till the end I was so unsure about whether I would be able to complete this novel or not. But I think I have discovered the writer in me. I hope you have enjoyed reading this book, because I shall shortly be coming up with another novel.......
A small peek just for you.
Pls do let me know if you find it interesting.

Hidden Truth
Four hundred years ago......
Deep in a hidden valley was a village....
Set in a beautifully magical locale.
A secret!!!  kept close to the heart of its inhabitants

He was a fierce warrior!! tall, and strong......the best!! The best warrior in the tribe..... Rudra
the chief's son.

Anklets twinkling, foot swaying......
She came from where he knew not!!! He only knew her as Gaura.
He saw her and knew she was his destiny.

But!!! She was not who she appeared to be.
Who was she really....
What was she hiding........
Will their love ever come to be!!!!!!!