Chapter five

Two days later
Early in the evening
In the royal pavilion patio.

It was a warm autumn day. Unusually warm for this time of the day. The sky was a light blue, clear and bright. The odd cloud lightly spread here and there. The round orange orb high up in the sky, still retaining some of its glorious brightness was getting ready to retire. Out in the open the nature was in full bloom. These were the few months when it got a respite and was able to show off its marvels. Marigolds were bursting with colour. Roses were standing in abundance. Gulmohar trees too were in full bloom. There were beautiful marble statues placed in and around the garden, enhancing its beauty.
The garden surrounding the patio was small but beautiful. Cut off it afforded the occupants complete privacy. Being next to the royal suite the garden and patio was specifically only for its occupants. The Patio was designed of the finest Makarana white marble. The stark white in contrast to the vivid green of the garden was beautiful. Cane furniture was spread around on the paved floor. Bright floral print cushions brought out the furniture. There was a reclining chair set in one corner. It was a soothing place to sit . A tea set had been set on the centre table with some  tea, coffee, thin cucumber sandwiches, assorted biscuits and some assorted rolls, buns and other snacks. Abhimanyu was reclining on a cane chair, a steaming hot cup of coffee in his hands. Chaudhary Bharat Singh was sitting on a chair next to him smoking a cigar. His cup of tea lying on the centre table. A bearer was offering and replenishing the hot drinks while another was offering the vast snacks on display. A third man was standing on the side waiting to help. Having had enough of the men hovering around.......

" That will be all. Thank you. We will call if we require any thing."Abhimanyu said a bit briskly. Nodding the men left the two guests alone.
"Why the hell do you smoke this damn thing. Why can't you smoke a regular cigarette. Damn if this thing doesn't stink."
"Hahaha......... Why the hell do think I do it huh? I kinda got hooked on to it at Eton. You remember Mannings!! well! Mannings, use to get it for Professor Hardy and the old boy was quite fond of me. Now these Cuban cigars!! The best and the finest!! Well! He use to pass some over to me too. We would have some male bonding time you know over these cigars. Ahhhhhhh.. those good old times. And of course I know u don't like it. But you should try them sometime. You might like them. Hahahaha.... You seem in a pretty mood today, my friend.  How is your courtship going with the fair KamalLata?"
"Damn!! ............ If she isn't giving me a tough time?" Abhi's word were harsh but he had a bemused smile on his lips.
"Tough!!!!!.... KamalLata!!!!! Are we talking of the same lady, cause to my way of thinking, she seems ready to fall into your arms without even the slightest hint. Man! Why !! take today itself, before lunch, in the sitting room when she was sitting next to you. She was literally on your lap, latching onto your every word. Had her aunt the Ranisa not taken her away on the pretext of some work that that moment, she would have been on your lap in a short while. She is totally into you, my man!!! She had you exasperated with her theatrics. If she wasn't a lady I would even say she pants at the sight of you. You will find no resistance there. My friend!!" An incredulous look on Bharat's face.

"But I will get her. I know she's just being stubborn. She loves me ! I know it"
"Stubborn! KamalLata!!!!!"
"I just need to break this defensive wall that she's built around herself. Damn!! I just need to spend more time with her."
With every word that Abhimanyu was muttering Bharat's expression became more and more incredulous. Obviously they were not talking about the same person.
"Abhi! " he roared.
"Huhhhh" startled, Abhi came out of his musings. Looking up at Bharat."What?" He questioned realising that he had been lost in his own thought and not heard a word of what Bharat had been saying.
"Are you still thinking about the Kumari Adira?"
"I........." Abhi at a loss for a reply. Not knowing where to look, for Bharat was right.
"Damn, you know she is off limits for you,Abhi. You can't mess with her, man!!"
"Too late!"he muttered.
"What?"
"It's too late, Bharat. I love her." He said out loud needing to admit to himself too.
"I can't live without her."