Red Handed

The bar was packed with tons of visitors this evening, all the tables were full of people enjoying themselves. I scanned the bar looking for Charles. I had heard from Carter that Simon had gotten home. I had never met the guy before, but the whole family seemed to be excited to have him home. I found Charles tending to his crowd, going as fast as they could I saw Charles and Rosaline working in sync. Charles would set down a glass and Rosaline would fill it, Rosaline would pass out drinks as Charles would mix drinks. The team was perfect as they tended to everybody that came in.

I wanted to talk to Charles, but he was defiantly working for his money. I caught his eye as he looked up, I saw him motion his head over by the lounging area. I turned my head to see what he was motioning to. Gathered around the couch was Tybolt, Ayin, Irvin, and A stranger with some of the wildest brownish silver hair I had ever seen. I nodded back to Charles, he motioned for me to go introduce myself.

Walking over to the couch I seen the gleam of vodka in the crystal glasses that everybody at the couch was holding. I noticed everybody had been enjoying themselves, they all were in the state were the alcohol flowed comfortably though their systems leaving them aware, but pleasantly relaxed. Irvin however looked red in the face and tried to stand up when he saw me. He laughed as he bumped shoulders with me," Hey kid, you got to try this stuff Simon brought us." He handed me his glass and had Tybolt poor me some. I looked at the tempting liquor, but I wanted to meet Simon before I did anything. It only felt right to introduce myself before I drink the guy's liquor. I turned to see Simon standing up from the couch, I looked down to him noticing he was shorter than average. Short or not my eye traced over the scar on his forehead that ran down to his left eye and ended down his cheek. It was no doubt he was blind in his left eye, his green eye was glassed over from the wound. He had a strong shoulders, but I noticed his left shoulder seemed to rise ever so slightly. I looked at his left hand only to see it had been replaced by technology, my eyes snapped back up to his eyes in an attempt to not seem rude. He nodded to me and extended his hand to me with a hearty Russian accent he greeted me," Aye, I see you must be the kid everybody is talking about. Blake, If I'm not mistaken? Simon Temple. Welcome to the Family." "Thank you Sir, I have heard many stories about you. It's good to finally meet you." He chuckled and I saw his chest puff up slightly in his green wool shirt. He moved his brown leather coat out of his way to get to the pocket of his brown trousers. As he did I saw the Monogoggle made of copper around his neck, I saw the multiple glasses around it and realized it must be able to zoom in on target. Simon dug out a silver flask from his pocket and held it up to me, I held my glass to meet him. "To new friendships, and brothers in arms." Simon nodded sincerely and tilted his head back taking a big gulp from his flask. I followed suit and downed what I had in my glass, the drink was so smooth as it graced my tongue, there was only a faint bitter end as I felt the warmth flow down my throat. In one happy breath I smiled in disbelief at the drink, Simon chuckled." Is good no? Straight from the mother land. None of your knock off American brand. This is true vodka." He spoke soberly as he put his flask away. " That's some good stuff." I breathed still enjoying the warmth in my throat. Tybolt puffed on his cigar and laughed," Best thing anybody's brought me from overseas." Ayin exhaled from his cigar looking me over, his expression didn't change as he watched me. I looked at him only to notice he wasn't watching me, but something beyond me.

I turned slightly to see what Ayin was so fixated on. Out of the corner of my eye I saw two gentlemen getting into an argument. I looked back at Ayin, he was now looking at me. Even without words I could feel him asking why I was without a gun. I left my holster and over coat up in my room. I was just in my white button up with the sleeves rolled up. Ayin lifted his eyebrow at me, I just shrugged, I wasn't going on a mission tonight. He rose from his seat with cigar in his mouth and glass in hand, as he passed me he breathed just loud enough for me to hear him," Constant vigilance." I felt my brow furrow as he weaved through the crowd to the bar. I looked back at the men, they were still arguing but they were seated and not causing a scene. I sat my glass down on the table with the bottle of vodka. Silently I made my way up the stairs to the balcony on the second floor.