20

two thousand reads. what the hell. thank you so much.
---

7-15-16, 10:03 am

george
calling...

"hey," y/n answered after three rings, on purpose.

"hey," george greeted back with a smile.

george bit his lip. he closed his eyes, inhaled enough air to fill his lungs, "babe," he sighed.

"mhm," y/n quietly hummed. his voice was deep and calm, so welcoming but intimidating at the same time.

"i missed you," he said whole-heartedly.

"of course you did," y/n said sarcastically.

george can't help but chuckle at y/n's remark, "how 'bout you, did you miss me?"

"i missed you more than you missed me, george," y/n said, "not even kidding."

he looked down and blushed, "that's good to hear."

y/n nodded and pursed their lips, "so, and what was it that you wanted to talk about?"

"oh right, yeah," george rubbed the back of his neck and walked out to his balcony, "remember when i told you about my issues on trusting people?"

"yeah, what about it?"

"i'm just..." he whispered, "tired of getting hurt and all, so i turned to weekend loving."

y/n furrowed their eyebrows, "weekend loving... uh, i'm lost."

george closed his eyes and nervously said, "casual fucking."

"so?" y/n said without a second thought, "i don't care."

"you don't?" george asked.

"no, it isn't really a big deal for me," y/n said, "'cause i've been there."

"oh, okay. i knew you'd understand," george said, feeling a pang of jealousy in his chest, "but i'm usually not that type of person. like, i wasn't like that before."

"i totally get you," y/n said, "that's why i decided to stop, well— avoid actually, falling in love. for now."

george frowned when he heard that. he thought y/n felt something for him. turns out, he was wrong.

"y-yeah, me too," george backtracked doubtfully.

"really?" y/n asked, "seriously?"

"yeah," he said right away.

"then why are you so sweet to me, george? what do you want? wanna get laid?" y/n said, almost on the verge of crying.

"n-no, it's not that. come on," george said quickly.

"i only said that because i'm trying to get you to say the truth, and you..." y/n couldn't find the right words to say.

"_____, i'm falling for you," george admitted.

"why? how? you don't even know me!"

"that's the worst part! i don't even know you and look what you've done to me!" george slightly shouted.

y/n was left speechless. they didn't know what to say, they didn't know what to believe.

"babe," george said sincerely.

"george," y/n said, their voice slightly cracking.

"let me see you."