25

"eat something," max said for the nth time.

"i'm not hungry," i resisted. really though, i'm not even thirsty.

"george wouldn't like it if he knew that you're starving yourself," he said in a quiet voice.

"i am not—"

"eat something," max said sternly.

i wasn't even aware that i'm looking at him with my brows furrowed and my mouth slightly open. inhaling a good amount of air, i turned my back on him and touched the cold door knob. "i am not hungry, max." i let out an exasperated sigh.

"wait," max said, "at least have this..."

looking back at max, who's holding out a venti cup of coffee— which i honestly wouldn't say no to. without second thoughts, i accepted the coffee. i needed the caffeine.

"thanks," i said to him.

"it's nothing. look, i'm sorry for being too pushy. i remember this one time, i forgot to feed george's hamster. he got so fucking mad at me that he didn't talk to me for the rest of the day," max reminisced.

"really?"

"really. that's why i'm just making sure that that won't happen again, well, it's not exactly the same thing but you know what i mean," he explained.

"hmm, okay," i smiled and nodded, "thanks again for the coffee."

max smiled back, "you're welcome. if something comes up, text me. bye."

"i will, bye," i said as we parted ways.

quietly, i entered george's room.

"hey, george. i brought my guitar with me," i said and gave his hand a kiss, "i missed you baby. how have you been?"

i put my guitar on the side and let it lean on the wall. i've read that even when people are in a coma, they still manage to hear and feel you. hoping for the best, i continue to still talk to him.

"oh, me? i'm good, i'm good, i'm great," i sang to him.

"you know that friend of yours, max? yeah, he talks a lot," i said in a cheery tone, "he talked about you getting mad over your hungry hamster. well, i couldn't blame you. i'd probably react the same way as you did."

i looked at his body and watched him peacefully breathe.

"what if you decided to not come over that day? will this happen to you?" i thought out loud, "i...i can't help but think that this is all my fault."

"i'm so sorry, george. you don't deserve any of this..."

"we should've just met halfway or something, you know?"

"i'm sorry george, i'll make it up to you soon. i promise"

---
THANK YOU FOR OVER 400 VOTES AND OVER 3K READS!!! AAAAAA

this chapter suCKS IM SORR Y

btw not proofread i'm so exhausted from sch lol :(