26

"excuse me, ma'am?" a female voice woke me up, "you're gonna have to move a bit..."

slowly rubbing my temples, i opened my eyes and looked up at the woman, "w-what is that, are you going to use that on me?" i thoughtlessly asked, looking at the syringe she was holding.

"no, kid," she chuckled, "now, will you..?"

"oh, right. yeah, sorry," i stood up and walked away from george's bed, "wait, what's that?"

(a/n: please play the song i linked above right now, before you carry on reading. seriously, it'll make you feel the chapter better. please? AAAA thank u)

"PRP," the lady nurse said, "it's just medicine, don't worry."

i watched as she injected something into the tube attached to his dextrose. a crimson red substance slowly flowed through the tube to the needle attached to his delicate skin. i remember he told me that he can't help but freak out around needles. he told me that he's quite squimish.

"it'll make him feel better," the lady nurse told me, "eat something, you've been here for over 12 hours." people should really stop saying that to me. but for the sake of being polite, i said yes.

i smiled weakly and closed the door quietly and looked at george. nothing changed, he still looks the same. he's still in the same position, same hospital bed, same everything.

before sitting down beside his hospital bed, i took my guitar and got it out of its case. i plucked the strings of my guitar and started singing to george.

"pick it up, pick it all up
and start again.
you've got a second chance, you could go home,
escape it all, it's just irrelevant..

it's just medicine,
it's just medicine.

you could still be what you want to,
what you said you were when i met you.
you've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain
but it's disintegrating down from all the medicine,

from all the medicine,
medicine..."

i wiped the tears of off my cheek and stopped. "baby, please wake up. please. i'll be here, i'll wait for you. everything hurts right now, george. god, i really really miss you. i miss you so much..."

---
this chapter is really short but a melancholic blackhole ate my soul :)

if you played the song like i said, dude i love you thank you so much. i wish i made you sad too

btw not proofread