22

"today's the day."

george said that he'll be at y/n's place around 2:00 in the afternoon, and it's already 1 pm. y/n finished cleaning their house and they just finished getting ready. they wore their favorite sweater, leggings, and some pokémon socks.

"why the fuck am i sweating," y/n grumbled as they walked over to the ac and made the temperature lower. on their way back to the couch, y/n's phone dinged, making them jump a little.

y/n smiled when they saw george's name on the screen.

7-16-16, 1:22 pm

george: Hey, I'm almost there. I think. Well that's what google maps told me

y/n: haha okay, take care!

george: I will, i will :) by the way, japanese or chinese?

y/n: what oMg

george: Lmao japanese or chinese food?

y/n: japanese!!

george: Haha okay babe :)

y/n: alright :) i'll just take a nap okay?

george: Okay okay

y/n set the timer for 30 minutes and napped with a smile of their face. the moment the alarm goes off, y/n decided to snooze and sleep more. the alarm went off again, for the second time. "last snooze and i'll get up," y/n thought and snoozed again.

around 2:15 pm, y/n finally woke up. they checked their phone to see if there were any messages from george and they saw a couple of texts.

7-16-16, 2:01 pm

george: I'm literally just walking in the restaurant rn i think i'm gonna be late

george: The traffic was fucking horrible

george: Okay, walking out the restaurant right noow.

george: It's raining really hard i forgot to bring an umbrella lmao. I'll just smoke a stick and i'll be on my way i promise :)

y/n pursed their lips and texted back.

7-16-16, 2:17 pm

y/n: dammit george you might catch a cold soon

y/n: where are you?

y/n: take care ok?

after almost an hour of waiting for him to text back, y/n started to feel paranoid.

7-16-16, 3:04 pm

y/n: george?

y/n: are you still coming over?

y/n: for fuck's sake

y/n: where the hell are you?!

y/n: whatever. don't come over. don't you ever talk to me again

y/n, frustrated, threw their phone on the other side of the couch. surprisingly, their phone rang on cue.

george
calling...

"should i?" y/n thought, "no, i shouldn't."

y/n sighed and declined the call. within a couple of seconds, their phone started ringing again. aggravated, y/n finally answered it.

"what do you want, george?" y/n said with an attitude.

"oh, sorry, but this isn't george," an obviously different female voice said, "are you his girlfriend?"

y/n frowned, "huh, you could say that. where is he?"

"he..." y/n heard the woman say over the increasing sound of sirens, "he got hit by a car. he hit his head very badly," the woman said sympathetically.

y/n fell down on their knees. they cried so hard as they felt the pain bury a deep, big hole of ache on their heart.

struggling so hard to believe what they just heard, y/n asked, "i-is he still...alive?"

"i can't tell you that yet, ma'am, we'll have to wait until we reach the hospital," the woman said, "i'll just text you the address, i'm very sorry."

y/n dropped their phone and weeped even more, losing all positivity and hope.

george
call ended