[Chapter Twenty]

Thorin had left the Skin changers home. He was still infuriated with Drakin attacking Alyndra and he wasn't going to let him get off easy. He had his sword drawn, looking around for any signs of the man. " Thorin Oakenshield. looking for me are you?" Drakin spoke up. Thorin glared at him, and that's when he noticed that the woman wasn't the only one that received cuts and bruises the other night. The man looked worse then her.

"I am here on behalf of Alyndra. I want you to stay away from her." Thorin growled.

" You think you can fight me? Your just a dwarf." Drakin chuckled at him.

"You attacked Alyndra, I want to know why?" Thorin questioned, as he continued to glare at him.

"I'm sure she told you the story that she and I were betrothed to each other, before you and her." Drakin began.

" She had briefly mentioned it." Thorin confessed.

" Did she tell you why?" Drakin asked, smirking.

" She told me it was to keep her bloodline going." He stated, not seeing the point of this game the man was trying to pull.

" Hmm, not quite. She couldn't even trust you with the truth." He joked.

" What are you trying to say?" Thorin asked, looking at him confused.

" Why do you think her father and mine agree for us to court. She's a skin changer and the only female eagle left. All the other eagles are male. The pale orc made sure to wipe out any female left of the species including her mother. Her mother was the leader of the eagles before her. When a skin change mate together with another, it is more chance their children will have that ability. If you two have children, there will be no chance they would have her ability they'll just be half-breeds." He chuckled. " It's just unfortunate she had to go fall in love with a dwarf. " he added.

Thorin hadn't said a word. He continued to glare at Drakin wondering if this had been his reason for attacking her or if it was something else." What are you going to do dwarf? Kill me?" Drakin laughed clearly thinking Thorin was no threat to him.

" I will if it's the only way too keep Alyndra safe from you." Thorin growled back.

" If you want to keep her safe. Then the safest thing for you to do, is let her go."

" I think we should leave that decision to Alyndra." Thorin snapped.

" Or we can settle this now like real men and the one left standing get's Alyndra." Drakin proposed, pulling out his sword and swung at Thorin not giving him a chance to decided and the dwarf blocked the harsh blow. Drakin was indeed a skilled fighter but Thorin was better, and the dwarf knocked Drakin's sword out of his hand and Thorin had his blade pointed at his throat.

" I suggest you leave Alyndra alone and don't come back." Thorin hissed, his face filled with rage. He wanted to kill this man, but he knew Alyndra would never forgive him, if he did.

" Oh you think you've won do you?" Drakin protested with a smirk, the man backed away from the pointy end of the blade, and suddenly phased into a wolf and growled at the dwarf. Thorin held his sword at the ready taking a few steps back. The wolf charged at the dwarf at full speed. Thorin moved his sword in front of him but the skin changer knocked the dwarf to the ground and Thorin let a grunt as he fell. Drakin landed on the other side of him, baring his teeth at the dwarf king.