[Chapter Thirty Seven]

Alyndra got up from the ground and followed Dwalin down the hall, Bilbo was right behind them. The skin changers heart was racing, hoping it wasn't what she thought it was. Suddenly it occurred to the woman, would she even be able to communicate with the eagles, now that she had lost her other abilities, was this one gone too? The dwarf led them to the battlement where they were met with three eagles.

The woman walked passed Dwalin and approached them. She was relieved she could still communicate with them through her mind, but it took way more energy then she thought. But the bad news was it was what she had feared it to be and the skin changer ran a shaky hand through her hair, whimpers escaping past her lips as she tried to make sense of it all.

"Alyndra what is it?" Bilbo asked.

"I-it's my father. H-he's been captured by Azog. A-and they have no idea where Noah is." Her voice broke at the mere thought that something awful had happened to her little brother. "I have to go with them. I have to find Noah." Dwalin nodded in understanding but before Alyndra could even take a step towards one of the eagles to climb onto its back, Thorin's voice roared not to far from them, and he was followed by his nephews, Balin and Bofur.

"What's going on here?" Thorin demanded

"Thorin. I'm leaving. My father has been captured by the pale orc and my brother is nowhere to be found. I have to go home and find him, before something happens to him." She stressed.

"No one's going anywhere, unless I say." Thorin hissed. " That means you too."

The dwarves narrowed their eyes at their king, not believing he was acting this way to Alyndra. "Thorin my father and brother are in trouble, I have to go!" The skin changer went to climb on top of the ledge to climb onto one of the eagles when a firm hand grabbed her arm and pulled her back over the ledge.

"Thorin, what are you doing? I have to go!" She pleaded and she suddenly gasped when the dwarf tightened his grip and pushed her away from the ledge.

"I told you! No one is to leave this mountain!" Thorin roared. The woman cringed as she tried to pull away.

"Thorin please! Let me go!" She cried, struggling in his grip.

"Uncle let her go! Your hurting her!" Kili shouted. The two brothers ran at Thorin and grabbed his arm from behind, surprising him. In the chaos, Thorin tossed Alyndra and she collided with the stone floor. The king overpowered both Fili and Kili and tossed them off of him and snapped his head in the direction he heard the shriek come from.

At that moment. Thorin had never regretted anything as much as he did now. The woman's now had a fresh scrap on her cheek. The skin changer put up a hand, signaling to the other eagles not to engage the dwarf. "Alyndra. Lass, are you alright?" Balin asked in worry as he came beside her, fearing the fall had hurt the baby inside her.

"I'm fine." She quickly answered, as she looked Thorin right in the eyes. Her own were filled with utter shock that he would go so far as to hurt her again, because she had to leave. For a second she thought she saw him returning but his eyes once again flared with anger and he stomped towards her. The skin changer began backing away, Thorin ignored Balin's pleas for him to stop this madness when one of eagles swooped in and didn't hesitate to send the dwarf flying across the platform. The eagles would protect one of their own, especially when it came to the safety of their only female left of their species. Alyndra gasped as Thorin rolled across the hard ground and came to a stop, laying on his back.

The king let out a rough grunt as he got back up. The dwarf then pulled out his sword and pointed it at the eagle that had attacked him, which just happened to be Alyndra's second in command. Thorin didn't get more then five steps before Fili, Kili and Dwalin grabbed him from behind and held him back. Dwalin managed to knock the sword out of his hand.

"Alyndra. Go now!" Bofur urged her as he helped her up from the ground and hurried her over to the ledge and she climbed onto the back of one of the eagles. The woman looked at the dwarf with tears coming down her face. She never thought she would ever lose him to this madness that was poisoning his heart and the giant creatures took off into the air. Alyndra closed her eyes and turned away, ignoring Thorin yelling her name to come back.

Balin looked at the king in disgust. " What in Durin's name is wrong with you Thorin!?" The elder dwarf hiss at him. Thorin glared at his adviser and then stormed inside the mountain.

The eagles flew over the ruined city of Dale and the woman looked down to see that some of people of Lake-town had survived and she prayed that Thorin would keep his promise he made to them when they arrived at his gate.

The skin changer found no sleep that night as she curled up on her side on the eagles back. It broke her heart to see Thorin become something she could no longer love. It pained her that she had to leave, she didn't wanna leave, when Thorin needed her the most, but she couldn't abandon her family either. Her father was captured and her brother was missing. It was at least a two and half days flight back to her homeland.

Alyndra opened her eyes from yet another restless night and looked around her to see familiar surroundings of her home and the eagles flew lower and landed in her backyard. The woman climbed off the back of the eagle and ran through the back door. "Noah?!" Alyndra cried out as she ran through the kitchen area. Everything had been knocked over and broken as she continued to search the house for her brother. " Noah?!" She yelled again. Her hands running through her hair, as she feared the worst had happened to him.

"Aly?" A shaky familiar voice spoke up. The woman turned around to see her brother coming out from one of the bottom cupboards.

"Noah." Thank goodness your alright." She sighed in relief as she hugged her brother tightly and kissed him on the side of the head.

"Aly...they took popa." Noah whimpered.

"Shhh..I promise were going to find popa." The skin changer promised as she held her brother closely. Just then heard a creaking sound coming from down the hall and she got up and pulled her brother behind her. "Who's there?" she asked. The figure didn't speak but slowly approached from the shadows and Alyndra's eyes widened when she saw who it was. " Aunt Celestia?"