Chapter Twenty-Nine: Proposal

Evelyn was focused. Her eyebrows were crinkled and her gaze was lethal. She had a mission and getting a certain little asshole to bow down and submit to her is apart of said mission. The boy has too much mouth on him and she now knew how to solve that.

"The color is green." She smirked.

The boy nods and sifts through his deck with an equally focused gaze. Evelyn had also been quite the trash talker and he was finally going to lay all of that banter to rest.

"I knew your ass would do that." He chuckles. "Draw four mother fucker." He slapped down the wild card.

Evelyn's jaw dropped for a moment as she stared at the draw-four card in disbelief. The boy had played her yet again. He only holds four cards in his hand and with the card he just played, Evelyn will have six. Asshole.

"Fuck you George." Evelyn grits snatching four cards from the deck.

George snickered and shrugged before licking his lips with a wider smirk.

"Be careful what you ask for. Okay, love?" He gives Evelyn the once over and licks his lips again. "Be damn careful, Ev."

Evelyn rolled her eyes at George's mannish response. She was not going to allow his lustful glances to throw her off, this time. He had used that trick five times earlier in the game. It worked every single one of those damn times, but not anymore. No, not this time.

Evelyn is a strong woman and as a strong woman, she can handle George's lustful advances and kick his ass in this game of UNO.

"Either draw a card or forfeit the game." Evelyn finally responds with another eye roll.

George nodded and licked his lips again. Fortunately for him, Evelyn had changed the color to green and he had a train ready for her. He was definitely glad he convinced her to play this version.

"One green, two green, three green!" He slapped the cards down on the rising deck. "UNO in this bitch!"

That's it, Evelyn has had it. She throws her cards down and thrusts the cards off of the coffee table. She hates losing and especially hates losing to an asshole like George.

"Cheating ass." She grumbles as she stands to her feet.

George bursts into childish laughter as he watched Evelyn stomp into the kitchen. She warned him that she was a sore loser, but it is still a funny surprise. She played a good game, but it is obvious that he was dealt the better hand. Poor girl.

"Awe come on, Ev. Don't be like that." George teases through his laughter.

"Fuck you." She reiterates as she returns with a pack of peanut butter crackers.

George shook his head as he cleaned up the mess. When he noticed the snack in Evelyn's hand he paused and frowned.

"Who told you that you can have my crackers?"

Evelyn opened the package and shrugged.

"Your guilt for beating your girlfriend at UNO, asshole."

George stood to his feet and walked up to Evelyn. She had already plopped into the sofa and was looking at the blank television screen, watching it as if the black screen was far more interesting than her conversation with George.

George leaned over her and placed his hands on either side of her head, holding himself up with the support of the sofa.

"I don't have guilt, love. I won fair and square." He quips.

"Get outta my face. I want to eat without you being all over me." Evelyn mutters, tossing her head vehemently around George's body.

"Come to think about it, I could go for a meal right now, too." George leaned in. "Maybe that'll fix your attitude. Huh, love?"