Dripping Sounds & A Telephone Pole

Yuu's POV:

Mika-3:30 pm
Did you ever find out what exactly your friend's ex told her??

Yuu-3:35 pm
Nope. And the little shits won't tell me since I apparently betrayed them.

Mika-3:36 pm
I'm sorry for distracting you

Yuu-3:37 pm
Don't be
It's a pleasure to talk to you anyways
Well you know since, nothing was really going on when you came up

Mika-3:39 pm
Mhm, well I still feel a bit guilty

Yuu-3:40 pm
Don't

Mika-3:41 pm
Gonna keep feeling a bit guilty anyways 😜
Hey I have to get back to work but I'll talk to you later tonight 😊

Yuu-3:43 pm
Yeah of course
Bye 😀

•••

A few days later and I still haven't heard the end of my coworkers' relentless teasing, about the number I had gotten from the person I refused to tell them about. The person who I'd been having long conversations with over text message, and who made my heart do weird flips and stomach churn.

"So who is it?" Yoichi asked, giggling, while Shinoa poked me.

I groaned.

"Stop fooling around will you? We have costumers!" Guren yelled at us, as him and Shinya carried a box of coffee beans from the entrance to the back.

Behind him were our, most likely, last costumers of the day.

Mitsuba and some tall guy with pink hair and glasses. I already had a feeling I wouldn't be a fan of his.

Mitsuba walked up to the counter with the tall guy close behind her. "Is Shinoa here?" She asked.

"Shinoa!" I yelled.

"What do you want, virgin?" Shinoa walked towards us while polishing a cup.

"Shinoa," Mitsuba smiled.

Shinoa blushed lightly and smiled back "Hey, Mitsu,"

I looked at the both of them then turned to Yoichi, a look of confusion spread across my face.

Yoichi didn't acknowledge my look, for he was too distracted by the pink "telephone pole", I decided to refer to him as, who was standing next to Mitsuba and seemingly judging the coffee shop by the way his eyes moved around the shop as his face was one of mild disgust.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Shinoa and Mitsuba. "You two made up?"

"Yup," Shinoa nodded and smiled.

"Am I the only one who hasn't been told this?" I asked dumbly.

"Yup," Shinoa repeated with an added signature smirk.

"Well anyways, we just came by to get some coffee," Mitsuba smiled.

"Speaking of...ah who is the person with you?" Yoichi asked timidly, blushing a light pink color and playing with his fingers.

"Oh," Mitsuba outstretched her arms and motioned towards the telephone pole "This is Kimizuki,"

The telephone pole, Kimizuki, gave a two finger salute "Nice to meet you all,"

"He's a new friend, I met him in my hand-to-hand combat class," Mitsuba explained.

"Well Kimizuki," Shinoa pointed to herself "I'm Shinoa," she pointed to me "This is Yuuichiro, or Yuu," she then pointed to Yoichi. "And this is our cute little Yoichi,"

Yoichi gave a close-eyed smiled, the hint of pink still colored his cheeks.

Kimizuki, surprisingly, had the same pink color rush to his own cheeks.

Even an idiot could tell this was the start of something along the lines of romance.

Shinoa and Mitsuba noticed this and smirked at each other.

I chuckled lightly. "Well, what can we do for you guys today?"

They gave their orders and Yoichi, Shinoa, and I started preparing them. Once we were finished we served it to them and since there weren't any other costumers that needing attending, we starting chatting with the two of them.

"Yuuichiro!" Guren yelled.

I sighed "Yeah, dad?"

"Can you go get the box of coffee beans? Shinya and I forgot to bring it in!"

"Yeah yeah!" I went outside and picked up the box of coffee beans. While outside I took a look over at the flower shop.

Mikaela walked out of it, locking the door with a key, with his head down. Even from this distance I could still feel something had gone wrong today for him. He stood there for a moment, staring at the ground, somber. Before looking up and noticing me.

I waved and gave a half hearted smile.

He waved back and seemingly forced himself to give back a half smile.

Something was wrong.

•••

Mika's POV:

"Fag," They taunted.

"You're disgusting," They repeated.

"You should do everyone a favor and end your life," They spat.

The stress of tests and endless assignments didn't help the situation.

Neither did the already existing problem in the pattern of my thoughts and mind.

"....do everyone a favor...."

I stared at the water beneath the bridge, cars passed quickly by and rain poured down gently, making familiar dripping sounds.

"...and end your life,"

•••

A/N: Oh yeah the part with Mika was around 2 hours after Yuu's thing

Also Ahh please don't murder me! Sorry for leaving it at a cliffhanger, next chapter will come out soon. (Probably later today or tomorrow night)

As always please tell me if you think I should make changes to something, if I used bad grammar or if I misspelled something!

Thank you for reading!