Two Different Confessions (Only Starters To Love)

Yuu's POV:

It'd been a week since the incident with Mika. I'm happy to say that he's been better and that we've been communicating a lot more than we used to. Although we spend time together in person a lot, we usually just communicate through text messaging, and quite often too.

Shinoa, Yoichi, and I had almost finished cleaning up the shop. When we were interrupted by the familiar chime of my text notification.

"Yuu, your phone has been going off a lot today," Yoichi commented with a giggle.

"Ever gonna tell us who it is?" Shinoa asked.

"Someday," I rolled my eyes as I picked up another dish to clean.

"Oh? Then I guess we're just gonna have to find out ourselves," Shinoa smirked. "Yoichi quick grab the phone! I'll hold him down!"

"Wait what?!" I almost dropped the plate as I attempted to reach for my phone before Shinoa tackled me down to the floor and Yoichi grabbed my phone all in a swift motion.

"Got it!" Yoichi laughed.

"You little- wait no don't read it!" I struggled under Shinoa's hold.

"Who is it, Yoichi?" Shinoa snickered.

Yoichi turned on the phone and squinted his eyes slightly "Mika,"

"Ooh that's an attractive name! What'd they say?"

"It says ah 'fuck you, your eyes shine brighter than my pale skin in the sunlight',"

My face turned red and they both started cackling.

Shinoa got off of me and smirked."Spill it,"

I stood up and brushed myself off. "We're just friends," I folded my arms and shifted my gaze off to the side.

"Just friends, huh?" Shinoa and Yoichi both looked at each other and gave each other some weird look.

"How long have you two been friends?"

"Pronouns?"

"What's with the flirting?"

"All right all right, one at a time geez," I couldn't help but laugh at their child-like behavior. "Mika's a guy. We've been friends for around a month now? And we were not flirting!" I folded my arms.

"And here I thought you were going to be a virgin forever," Shinoa hugged me tightly and pretended to cry. "My little boy is all grown up,"

"Stop that," I laughed and tried to pry her off of me.

"Aw Yuu how cute!"

"Not you too Yoichi,"

The bell on the door to the coffee shop rang and we turned our attention to our new favorite costumers.

"Yo!" Mitsuba waved and smiled "Do you guys wanna hang out on Friday?"

"We were thinking of going to go see that new horror movie," Kimizuki added.

"Sounds like fun," I smiled

"Oh hey, did you guys know Yuu has a secret boyfriend?" Shinoa snickered.