A Smile Like That (Part 2)

Yuu's POV:

For some reason I couldn't shake this feeling of worry for Mika.

He just looked so depressed.

He wouldn't harm himself.

Would he?

Once I got home I immediately called him.

"Y-Yuu?" His voice sounded strained, there were distant sounds of cars and pouring rain.

"Mika? Where the hell are you?!" I asked with noticeable worry in my tone of voice.

"I was...I was taking a walk..." His voice sounded shaky and unstable.

"But it's pouring out there!"

"I know,"

"How far are you from your house?"

"Ahh pretty far,"

"Well do you have a way to get back?"

"Aside from walking?"

"I'm coming to get you, where are you?"

"Yuu, no it's fine,"

"Mika,"

A pause.

And a deep shaky sigh.

"I...I'm by the bridge...on Kingston Street,"

"What are you doing all the way over there?" I asked as I grabbed the keys, an umbrella, and put on a coat.

"Just...thinking..."

"I'll be over there in a few minutes,"

As I had said, I was soon approaching the soaking wet Mikaela.

He started walking towards the car. I started to slow down and park the car.

I got out quickly and ran to him.

His hair was soaking wet, he was shivering, there was an occasional sniffle, and his eyes looked as if they had been crying very recently.

I gave him a slight smile and instinctively wrapped my arms around him.

He wrapped his arms around me as well and took in shaky breaths.

"Mika..."

He gripped at the fabric of my coat, a few more shaky breaths later and it seemed he couldn't hold in tears for much longer, so he let them out.

I let go of him and stepped back for a moment to look at him.

Tears streamed down his weary eyes, his cheeks and the tip of his nose were red.

I pulled out the umbrella, took his hand, and sat him down on a nearby bench.

"I was so close, Yuu..." Mika leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, covering his face with his hands. His tears mixed with puddles of rain.

"Close to what...?" I asked as I scooted closer to protect him from the rapidly falling droplets of rain.

He shook his head "I'm so sorry....I'm sorry...I'm so so sorry," he choked out. He was beginning to full on sob, making tiny distressed noises, his breathing deep and continued to be shaky. It broke my heart.

"For what Mika?" I draped my arm over his shoulder and bought him closer to me as a form of comfort.

"If I tell you, you have to promise not to be mad at me," He wiped his eyes and sniffled.

"I promise,"

As seconds passed and he got in control of his breathing, I already had an idea of what had happened. I wasn't oblivious. I wasn't stupid. Sometimes though, in moments like these where you could stop the hurting until the words came out, I wished I was.

"I tried to..." Another shaky inhale. " I tried to kill myself..." He refused to make eye contact with me and tears threatened to pour out again.

"Mika..."

"I was just about to too...until you called,"

I embraced him as he let more tears roll down his cheeks.

"Please don't be mad at me," He wiped his eyes.

"I could never be mad at you," I sighed.

"Then what do you feel..?" He looked down.

"Guilty,"

"But it's not your fault,"

I shook my head. "I should've called you earlier. I should've ran after you today when I saw you. I should've talked to you more about how you were feeling lately,"

"I'm sorry..."

"You don't have to be,"

"Can we...talk now?"

I smiled slightly "Of course, but let's get out of the rain. It's freezing out here and you'll catch a cold," 

•••

Mika's POV:

I had it all planned out.

I'd even left a note for Krul.

I was so ready to go through with it too.

Until he called, a wave of a different emotion washed over me.

And suddenly I didn't want to.

Suddenly I felt like...

I did after all...

Deserve a smile like that.

•••

A/N: this was also hecking short sorry! The next part will most likely be longer!

Well anyways like always, if you have any suggestions for changes I should make or if I made a grammar/spelling mistake, feel free to tell me!